Prisonscape - On Steam, Beta Out & Release Date

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Daveyd has seen that Prisonscape was now on Steam with an estimated release in March 2022. Heaviest Matter released their first beta shortly after. Thanks @daveyd;!

Prisonscape on Steam

Prisonscape Steam page is now LIVE!

Our page is located here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1682370/Prisonscape/

Please wishlist it and share it to your friends who might be interested!

Prisonscape Beta 1 Release

Trucking along. This is a smaller release, mostly to get Prisonscape working in Steam.

NOTE1: Release notes might contain spoilers!
NOTE2: Please wishlist Prisonscape on Steam!

Features

• Implement Steam build
  • Implement JAR file to EXE build process
Tasks

• No changes.
Bugs

• No changes.
Editor

• Fix world object labels in editor
More information.

If I understand well, the 2014 Kickstarter for this game failed, the then-known "Lunar Enigma" (Pekka Kallioniemi, Tuomas Hynninen, David Hammond, Case Portman, Peter Choi) decided to continue the development of the game anyway, with other funds. It's apparently now known as "Heaviest Matter", but since the site is down it's hard to check.

Animations are quite stupid. This appears to be a game, which aims to look so cool in multiple respects - prolly as a homage to Full Throttle, etc.. - , yet fails almost everywhere.
On this amazing spree of inspiration why Heaviest Matter doesn't develop a Concentration Camp simulator? Soon will be the very topic of the day..
Australians already participating.

If I understand well, the 2014 Kickstarter for this game failed, the then-known "Lunar Enigma" (Pekka Kallioniemi, Tuomas Hynninen, David Hammond, Case Portman, Peter Choi) decided to continue the development of the game anyway, with other funds. It's apparently now known as "Heaviest Matter", but since the site is down it's hard to check.

Yes, after the Kickstarter was unsuccessful for several years their site let people pre-order the game via Paypal. It was only $9, (and $15 if you also wanted alpha/ beta access). There were also some higher reward tiers but those were refunded last year.

I do recall the kick starter yet I'd no idea they'd kept development going. Nor that they'd provided another way for folks to help them continue the project, well, that shows some actual staying power, imo. Kudos to them for sticking with it, that takes some serious stamina and guts.

Completely forgot about this after the failed crowdfunding attempt. Wonder if they included the famous quote don't drop the soap? I might play this game but not now.

The usual insightful analysis from mercy. :)

This looks similar to The Escapists but much darker.

Hmm, I never heard of that. It also sounds like it's more of a strategy or sim game rather than an RPG though.

The developers of Prisonscape have always been clear that despite it's 16 bit JRPG appearance, Prisonscape is a cRPG where you build your character & stats matter a lot and there's narrative choice & consequences.

I hadn't heard much about the combat system, aside from it being turn-based. But you can see it briefly in action in some videos on their youtube channel. To avoid spoilers skip to the start of combat at 3 mins.

Before I forget thanks for sending the news-bit link @daveyd.

I still remember posting news-bits many years back.:thinking:

Back
Top Bottom