Project Shore - Crucible of Blood

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Project Shore: Crucible of Blood is described as a single player tactical RPG in a low fantasy medieval setting.

Project Shore (working title) is a single player tactical RPG in a low fantasy medieval setting, currently in development using Unreal Engine 4 for Windows PC platforms. You play as a newly-made leader of a mercenary company after an assignment gone wrong. Having barely escaped from a deadly encounter with a friend-turned-backstabber, and then another one with an unknown otherwordly force, you need to lead what is left of your squad through the times of tumult while searching for hidden truth of what had really transpired to you.

Game features

• Original combat system supporting scalable battles ranging from basic 1v1 encounters to massive skirmishes with dozens of characters participating
  • Indirect control: instead of micromanaging each character, give orders and units will automatically assess what ability to use depending on the situation
  • Adaptive character advancement system: characters get better and learn new skills depending on what they do in combat
  • Squad customization: you have full control on what characters you send into battle and what equipment and abilities they will have at their disposal
  • Event driven storytelling with emphasis on player choice: choose your friends and choose your battles. Everything you do in-game advances time and affects the world
Thanks rjshae!

More information.

Another tactical RPG in the news this week. Well I'll keep my eye on at least.:)

I like the sound of working with a mercenary company, all sorts of possibilities come to mind. It also reads like it has a serious tone of choice and consequences, which draws me like a moth to a flame!

more single player goodness! I'm in!

I like what I hear but not a fan of the block looking graphics but that's a minor point.

Interesting! But how does "tactical RPG" and "indirect control" actually come together?

Indirect control: instead of micromanaging each character, give orders and units will automatically assess what ability to use depending on the situation
"micromanaging", right. Has this ever been implemented in a fun way? Who wants to play a tactical game where you only sort of make decisions for your units?

Back
Top Bottom