Kingmaker Purpleblob's Kingmaker/WotR portrait thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I've put the executable here: link

To view the instructions: portrait -doc
To view the short help for the commands: portrait -h

The best is to put this executable in its own directory, and launch a console there (it will create backup files from where you're launching it).

DISCLAIMER:
It's not user-friendly, there's no GUI, it's all in command line. If you're not comfortable with that, it's best not to use it rather than breaking something on your system. If I have time for that, maybe I'll do a basic GUI but it won't happen soon.

I have only tested that on my setup, with Steam. Even if that's unlikely, it may completely break your saved games, so make a backup before.

TL;TR:

To see the list of saved games and their indices:
Code:
portrait -l

Aengi:
  - 1 -> 2021-09-06 - 20:39:19: Quicksave6
  - 2 -> 2021-09-06 - 20:39:44: Gray Garrison - before end battle
  - [COLOR="Blue"]3 -> 2021-09-06 - 20:51:17: Gray Garrison - after battle[/COLOR]

To set portrait "0004" in game index 3:
Code:
portrait [COLOR="blue"][B]-g 3[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"][B]-p 4[/B][/COLOR]

This supposes you have created the portrait images in folder 0004, in the game's data directory.

Always check the index before changing a file! They are not constant if the list changes (if new games, or deleted games).

EDIT: I may as well give the source: link

Very cool @Redglyph; and thanks for sharing!

I am using the visual adjustments mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/14

Although the most upto date versions are at GitHub: https://github.com/BarleyFlour/WrathVisualAdjustmentsMod/releases

There is currently an issue with the the vanilla game that the mod makes happen more often (gray skin/hair) that you have to reset on new areas (there is a button for it the mod author added while waiting to see if Owlcats fixes)

That being said if all you want to do is change your portrait you can install the mod, which is super easy with Unity Manager (https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/21), change your portrait, save the game, and then remove the mod (it doesn't harm anything) and the changed portrait should stick, unlike some other visual changes.

I much prefer this mod over the "Toy Box" one which is a cheaters mod and has more risk of causing issues with the game because it changes/touches so much. For those who like to cheat, however, it can be very useful.

The visual adjustments mod is more about visual changes versus cheats, and a little simpler so more my preference. Hopefully the issue with the game engine and the mod will be fixed soon so I can leave it in.

I mainly use it to make Lobo a little bigger in size, and Wulver a little smaller. I also use it to pick a certain default outfit that I prefer and hide a few things.

This was the closest thread I could think of for some screenshots and a comment on one reason I enjoy this game a lot.

This is how Lobo came out. Used the VA mod to use the bloodrager outfit and make him a little taller.

Now he is level 15 and kicking Demon butt :)

I love this scene so much, it is one of my favorites in the game. A big old Tavern party:

Now the rest I will put in spoilers although I don't think they are really spoilers and more posting for others to show some of the neat stuff. Or stuff I think is neat anyhow.

One is a map of Drezen and another a map of another place you visit. I love these old school style maps and it makes me miss the days I would pick up a physical copy that had a printed manual and a map - as I would always stick up the map next to my computer. These maps look really cool I thought.

At the end is some text that relates to his god, Gozreh (Fenrir). So far 4 times the game has made reference to his god in a very appropriate way and it delighted me to no end. Seldom has any game (EDIT: That I have played anyhow) done this level of detail, for a game of this style, and it was awesome. Made my day/night each time it happened.

Two of them were dialogue options I was able to pick when talking to the Mongrels and once to a Druid. The third was on a quest and I was able to say a prayer and actually got a buff from my god special for that quest.

The fourth was text flavor but it really hit home. Lobo is not in this for power at all. He is an introvert, mostly a loner, who wants to tend his flock (people) and spend his time in the forest and by the ocean with his wolf pack. He wants to sleep under the stars and smell the sea air. Yet the World Wound is an affront to nature and somehow he found himself suddenly involved in the Crusade and fighting demons.

He is okay with that as he wants to protect the world - but he doesn't want to be the leader of the crusade or becoming famous or all powerful.

I write all that because the text I got upon entering chapter 4 really nails that for me. He is a long way from home. The text fit who he worships and reminds him of what he has given up to be here. It was such a great addition to the game and yet another example of why this game is a 10/10 for me.

Another nice touch is I like how they work in portraits of characters into the story, as well as the name (this is my Dhampir):

Lastly, as mentioned above, this is the text Lobo got when he arrived in the Abyss. It really added to my game play so much as reminded me of Lobo, a follower of Gozreh, who prefers to be in his forests and fields, watching over nature, the animals, the people under his protection.

I have to show off my Angel girl after the full transformation ;)

https://i.imgur.com/YDKFzkt.png
YDKFzkt.png

She looks great. I really enjoy how they do different looks. Part of me wants to try Demon path but I never do well with trying to play evil. Would be better doing a reformed fiend Tiefling.

PS - Your portrait also works very well with her I think.

She looks great. I really enjoy how they do different looks. Part of me wants to try Demon path but I never do well with trying to play evil. Would be better doing a reformed fiend Tiefling.

PS - Your portrait also works very well with her I think.

Thanks! I tried my hardest to make my character doll to look like my portrait :D

So I got my 6th character planned out, and decided to share her portrait too:

My human bloodrager, on her way to become a demon mythic (will later change to gold dragon) ;)

Edit: change her hair colour :D
tin8oIz.png

Last edited:
The good thing with making images through Skyrim is I can go back and adjust if my plans change. I was toying with my Dhampir starting down the Angel path as a way to "cure" himself .. although later he will decide he prefers being true to himself and will reject the path to go Legend.

Only just left Kenebares though so plenty of time to think about it.

My human bloodrager, on her way to become a demon mythic (will later change to gold dragon) ;)
Once again makes no sense and is basically taking advantage of the games broken alignment system. Anyway I'm noticing a trend your avatars are always blonde.:p

Once again makes no sense and is basically taking advantage of the games broken alignment system. Anyway I'm noticing a trend your avatars are always blonde.:p

And once again I will say its not broken system imo ;)

Yes, I like blonde hair chars altho I might redo colour of my bloodrager's hair to darker colour.

And once again I will say its not broken system imo ;)
Well I agree to disagree. I prefer the D&D alignment system over this version.;)

Still it's not your's or owl-cats fault it's Paizo's who designed it.
Yes, I like blonde hair chars altho I might redo colour of my bloodrager's hair to darker colour
I prefer white or blond myself for the angel mystic path.

I agree with Purple on this one and it is supported a variety of times in the lore of the game itself.

The succubus Arus that is your companion is a demon who repents and becomes good.

In the character creator these is a sub-class of the Bloodrager called Reformed Fiend which is when a demon reforms and joins the side of good. This is an actual class built into the lore and game of Pathfinder.

Then you have (WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS):

Nocticula a Demon Lord who repents and becomes a good divine entity.

You learn from Hal the Gold Dragon that Tendeleve the Silver Dragon is good then gets corrupted to evil and then is brought back into the light thanks to Hal. Further Hal also indicates there is always a path to redemption.

The path goes both ways - good can fall into evil and evil can ascend to good.

A Paladin can go out of alignment and lose their power but then be redeemed.

Can you clarify what is broken? I am thinking I am not understanding what you mean as you say this is Pazio? You mean Pathfinder?

I grew up playing AD&D games and there have always been the standard alignment systems - Good/Evil, Chaos/Order, Neutral and the various combinations and the ability to shift over time.

Sometimes a shift is gradual and other times, due to some major life event, more sudden - although usually there is some catalyst that causes a re-evaluation and then a slow drift over time towards a different path. In real life a near-death experience, the death of a loved one, or any extremely traumatic experience in general, can cause someone to re-evaluate themselves and their life and make dramatic changes. In a world like Kingmaker and WOTR there are more chances for situations like this to occur ... keeping in mind for that every person that does make a big change there are thousands and thousands more that do not. It tends to be a very rare thing. Your character, and companions, however are in the thick of a holy war so little surprise they see more of it.

How is the Pazio alignment system different from that of AD&D?

Why do you think it isn't possible for someone to change their alignment? While more rare in modern life there are cases when people have such a life changing experience they might turn more selfish or more altruistic - maybe they reform and decide to start helping people or they descend into crime to survive and never pull out of it.

Real life won't be as extreme as a fantasy world with gods, demons, spirits, devils, magic, etc, but people can shift as well.

Most folks probably just hover around a core area of their personality but that doesn't mean people can't change - just not as common.

Anyhow its an interesting topic of many philosophers, religious people, social scientists, etc., on whether people can be reformed or why people sink into darkness.

When it comes to these games though - the lore does backup the idea of redemption so someone may go down the path of a demon (and the story indicates there is pressure to do this) then realize what they are doing is not right, that it is not helping, and seeing the light they redeem themselves.

Last edited:
I'm working on designing/planning my 7th character who will be a Tian Xia inquisitor using a glaive, going for aeon mythic. I named her Junghwa which could mean either righteous flower or purify.

I can't decide on her portrait, so please let me know which one you guys think look better?

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset...e/henley-coulson-glaivewitch-m.jpg?1551261035
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset...im-coulson-illustration-o-flat.jpg?1556712115

I'm leaning towards 1st but 2nd one has nicer background >.>

I tend to agree with your assessment. The second would make a nice wallpaper. You could use both you know - have one for the large image under Biography and then use the other one for the two smaller images. They appear to be the same person in both shots, and the same armor, so that would work I think.

That is what I would do myself anyhow. If totally forced into only using one image, probably the first if only because its quieter (less intense/vibrant) and thus less distracting for the more common small and medium sizes.

Good advice, wolf! I will use mix of both.

I had to scrap the idea of playing an aeon though :/ one of my favourite companion will leave for sure. Maybe I will save this character idea for the Beneath the Stolen Lands like DLC for WotR!

First one for sure, and you should try playing as Aeon. I'm doing it now and it's quite fun actually. You don't need to be full on Lawful as you could also go Neutral, meaning you could pick the Good/Chaotic options once in a while as long as you pick Lawful enough.

I am picking Lawful in dialogues where the impact seems to be minimal whenever I can and then now slowly moving towards Lawful even though I started off all the way at the edge of Chaotic Good.

I'm working on designing/planning my 7th character who will be a Tian Xia inquisitor using a glaive, going for aeon mythic. I named her Junghwa which could mean either righteous flower or purify.

I can't decide on her portrait, so please let me know which one you guys think look better?

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset...e/henley-coulson-glaivewitch-m.jpg?1551261035
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/asset...im-coulson-illustration-o-flat.jpg?1556712115

I'm leaning towards 1st but 2nd one has nicer background >.>
I prefer the 2nd one, not by much, but the first one will fit better with the format you need for Pathfinder. And the weapon is more visible, though it's not a big argument.

Your style of avatar is definitely changing ;)

First one for sure, and you should try playing as Aeon. I'm doing it now and it's quite fun actually. You don't need to be full on Lawful as you could also go Neutral, meaning you could pick the Good/Chaotic options once in a while as long as you pick Lawful enough.

I am picking Lawful in dialogues where the impact seems to be minimal whenever I can and then now slowly moving towards Lawful even though I started off all the way at the edge of Chaotic Good.
That's how I'm going about it. I'm playing as true neutral. Lawful choices are never something I'd pick, because I find them cruel more often than not. Maybe even sociopathic.

The only exception I make is with actual Aeon choices, because in my opinion the Cosmic Balance transcends regular laws and is something entirely different. So to counteract shifts to lawful or good I make occasional evil or chaotic choices, when they make sense to me or when they don't matter too much.

Back
Top Bottom