Kingmaker Purpleblob's Kingmaker/WotR portrait thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
My Ranger and his wolf, Grim, who is an almost fallen angel ... on the border of NG/CG ... laying waste to the cultists. The hellknight Reg is with him. They oddly get along well. Perhaps because my ranger is chaotic but also a no-nonsense guy when it comes to killing demons.

This one is a spoiler with Daeren's relationship if you happen to take him to a certain special place where you walk these steps and see what your companions fantasy's are. What I love is what Aivu says afterwards. I got a good laugh out of it and it is stuff like this that makes the game so excellent IMO. The more I play with different followers and paths the more content I find.

My Ranger and his wolf, Grim, who is an almost fallen angel … on the border of NG/CG … laying waste to the cultists. The hellknight Reg is with him. They oddly get along well. Perhaps because my ranger is chaotic but also a no-nonsense guy when it comes to killing demons.

Nice screenie :) Your wolf look very menacing!

Are you in chapter 5 already (seeing you have angel wings)?

This one is a spoiler with Daeren's relationship if you happen to take him to a certain special place where you walk these steps and see what your companions fantasy's are. What I love is what Aivu says afterwards. I got a good laugh out of it and it is stuff like this that makes the game so excellent IMO. The more I play with different followers and paths the more content I find.

Yes this bit was hilarious :) He tries (unsuccessfully) to get himself out of trouble if you are in relationship with Daeran at this point ;)

Aye … I got three characters going at the moment all at different stages but Lobo remains my favorite. He is going Angel this time … more of a renegade angel as he is on the fine line between NG and CG right now.

Daeran … he grew on me so much I can hardly play w/out him. Like his humor and view on life a lot. Maybe that some of the followers can be a bit too good at times so I like his more direct view on things. Anyhow he and Lobo are doing the romance.

Reg also grew on me a lot. He and Lobo have hit it off even if their alignments are not in sync. I think mainly because Lobo is chaotic but when it comes to the crusade he is a fighter at his heart and wants to win … and he understands the need for some discipline and order in the military.

Luckily some of his lawful choices have helped keep him in the NG area.

Woohoo, Selene has just gone through the full Azata transformation:
https://i.imgur.com/VVvj9Sx.png
VVvj9Sx.png

How pretty are those wings? :D
https://i.imgur.com/Wnak54B.jpg
Wnak54B.jpg

Last edited:
Aye Aivu is awesome :) Also some fun spells with Azata. There are some small connections I see between Azata and Trickster when it comes to the fun/silly side now that I am getting deeper into the Trickster path (just got to the Abyss).

Aye Aivu is awesome :) Also some fun spells with Azata. There are some small connections I see between Azata and Trickster when it comes to the fun/silly side now that I am getting deeper into the Trickster path (just got to the Abyss).

For me, chapter 4 was the most fun chapter for Trickster - I get to unleash nasty jokes on demons without feeling any guilt :cool:

Once I'm done with Azata, I will be moving on to Trickster too :D Regill's going to hate me for this XD

Mizan, on the Aeon path.

Pathfinder-Wrath-of-the-Righteous-2021-12-28-18-09-1.jpg

[ https://i.ibb.co/S6dYcYY/Pathfinder-Wrath-of-the-Righteous-2021-12-28-18-09-1.jpg ]

Finally got sucked back into the game. 81 hours played and only recently started with chapter 3. A good chunk of that time was probably spent with character planning and respeccing.

Tried various classes for him. Idea was to have someone following in the footsteps of both Nethys and an Aeon.

1. Mystic theurge - love the class, don't like being limited to level 8 spells. Also don't want to neglect one subclass in favor of the other.
2. Priest of Balance - love the concept, don't like not having access to arcane spells.
3. Spell Master - love the concept, don't like not having access to divine spells.

Then I found out that as an Aeon he'll get divine spells based on the inquisitor spell progression. Works for me. So now he'll have access to level 9 arcane spells eventually, can focus on conjuration and abjuration to fit the Aeon theme, plus he can use some divine magic spontaneously later on.

I also really like Tristian's portrait. He fits the dark/light concept very nicely.

Party consists of Mizan (Spell Master), Seelah (Warpriest), Wenduag (Eldritch Scoundrel) and Arueshalae (Bard).

Hey its Tristian lol :D

@Arhu; its a shame there is not spellbook merge with Aeon. I'm actually going to try Mystic Theurge with Lich at one point because I heard that I can reach CL9 for both arcane and divine spells :D

@Arhu; its a shame there is not spellbook merge with Aeon. I'm actually going to try Mystic Theurge with Lich at one point because I heard that I can reach CL9 for both arcane and divine spells :D
Or Legend, which would be a natural fit, though it seems to be a fairly late path.

Anyway, after I wrote my post above I went ahead and respecced again (!) - to a Priest of Balance. That one fits the Aeon theme much better, with the light and dark globes swirling around his head. Deity is Pharasma now, with the Light domain for healing and (impossible) Repose domain for death magic.

I focus on summoning, abjuration (dispel and banish) and necromancy. I lost a lot of battlefield control compared to my Conjurer mage, which I'm still struggling with. On the other hand: powerful heals, powerful summons, no-save channeling and Inflict Wounds spells. Eventually I can add (Reach) touch attacks to my repertoire. Summons in particular are pretty fun. For difficult fights I have my trusted panic buttons: 1. Summon a few Azatas from the Tankard of Free Spirit, 2. a few movanic devas or nabasu demons from the Duality of Conjuration and Summoning. 3. highest level summon monster spell I can cast. I also have an item that summons a shadow demon when I cast a level 6+ spell. Plus there are various items to augment the summons.

All in all, it's working out fine.

. . . until I feel the need to go back to mystic theurge, I suppose.

Yeah, so I respecced again and went more with other parts of the Aeon theme.

Now playing as an Arcanist with focus on abjuration and conjuration. Main spells are Dismiss and Banish, followed by Grease and Pits for crowd control. I'm now nearing the end of chapter 3, finally.

~~~

Even so, and even knowing that I I'll probably not play the game a second time anytime soon, I already planned parts of my next run. Currently leaning towards Angel, as a simple Two-handed Fighter. Party will be MC, Seelah, Sosiel and Ember.

Angel-cropped.jpg

The picture is from Legend of the Cryptids, like most of my custom portraits. The depicted angel is Lucifer, but I guess I can still play my own good char and not think about any betrayals. Interestingly there's also a more demonic version of him:

Lucifer-the-Betrayer.png

Last edited:
Like that artwork. I have seen some nice art from Cryptids.

I got through the whole game 3 times which was enough for now. I will probably do another round when DLC comes out or take out my favorite canon hero, Lobo, and do it.

Haven't bought Wrath yet because for some reason Owlcat chose to not release it for Linux, despite doing so with Kingmaker, when they had a smaller budget back then (and not a base game with engine that already worked). So that was frustrating, but lately I've opted to only support developers that release natively working games. However, I too like to find fitting images for the characters in the party. Kind of a noob in this crowd, as I'm only using the Heroes of the Stolen Lands mod (looks like it has been removed since, though). After finding a fitting picture for how I perceive a character, it's then about trying to customise the look to the image. We don't have many ways to do that tbh, usually way too few hair styles for example.

It got too cumbersome to find the correct images when I'm starting new groups pretty frequently in the Beneath the Stolen Lands expansion, so I removed a bunch of the images for male orcs and the like, which I will never use anyway. Makes it quicker to find the ones I like for characters that will re-appear, among the hundreds of portraits the mod added :p

A couple of Witcher world inspired character names here, including the Vivisectionist Zireael. Thought this was a nice picture for her. Kinda experimenting with something. Oh, and there is a cat. A cat is always good! :biggrin:

NAk3Bfo.jpg

Would arguably be more fitting for a Druid for example, but I haven't used that class yet.

Nice :) Their art department is very good!

That's a strange-looking location, I think I'd like it, fits the geek in me. :p I remember that the music was on the same theme and nicely done too, or at least the part I heard.

Are the mp3 available when you buy the DLC?

Are the mp3 available when you buy the DLC?

Good question... I don't remember seeing amy extra music file but let me check with CMs

Good question… I don't remember seeing amy extra music file but let me check with CMs

Thanks! It's mostly out of curiosity. :) I didn't see anything on the DLC page so I think it's just not available in that format for DLCs.

But ouch, the reviews are not very good so far, and it's not only bomb reviews.

Last edited:
I've started the game and made an electricity-focused sorceress (seeker type?) modeled after my City of Heroes electric blaster:
20221003212820_1.jpg

And yeah - photo mode for the win.

Nice.

Is that the golem that came with the enhanced edition in the background? It lets you transmog your gear so you can make any equipment item look like any other item from the same type in your inventory. Really neat.

Back
Top Bottom