Queen's Wish 2: The Tormentor - Review @ Kordanor's Gaming Lair

I still prefer the Avadon games but the Queen's Wish series was good as well. As for the Avernum remakes they weren't as good, but hey that's just my personal opinion.

Mostly I hated it because of the strange TB/RT system.

I still prefer the Avadon games but the Queen's Wish series was good as well. As for the Avernum remakes they weren't as good, but hey that's just my personal opinion.

Mostly I hated it because of the strange TB/RT system.
What do you mean with TB/RT system? I mean the systems are (mostly) the same. Just some stuff regarding how many AP you got and what happens if you run out of the engagement zone is different.

Every NPC on the map didn't move until you did it's weird. That's what I mean but it's hard to explain. Combat was TB so that's self explanatory. So hence RT movement TB combat.

Hence I never finished the first remake or played the other two because of that system.

Edit: His newer games had the same movement system, but there wasn't a huge delay with NPCs. Maybe editing a file could speed up the reaction and movement time.

Last edited:
Oh, ok, but it works this way in Queens Wish and Avadon as well.
But the good thing is, that you can trigger turn based mode at any time (except where you are thrown into combat after a dialogue or something like that), so you can usually approach a combat situation in an optimal way.

Edit: Some of his newer games had the same system but there wasn't a delay problem with movement.
I think it's all of them since Avadon. ^^

Yep but the on map lag was very obvious in the Avernum remakes. I'm not talking about combat either that's another problem with his games, but movement on the map.

Maybe he corrected the lag problem with the other two remakes?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom