Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen

largh

Keeper of the Watch
Does anyone know how is it going with this game? I do not remember reading about it lately and could not find anything useful with Google either.

Does anyone know how is it going with this game? I do not remember reading about it lately and could not find anything useful with Google either.
From the latest update development has stalled due to lack of funds. They were supposed to find other investors or a publisher, but looks like it didn't work out.

The developer claims development should continue with backup plans in place. Though in my personal opinion the IP is cursed just like Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2.

Two failed developers, two failed games, and a court case lead to this version. You can find the first version of this game on this site it was called Chaos Chronicles.

Link - https://www.rpgwatch.com/games/chaos-chronicles-507.html

You have to check discord for those updates. Anyway from the KS page.
Sorry for the latest radio silence - this year comes with a lot of unscheduled disruptions for each of our team members.

As soon as we know some hard facts, we'll asap write an update about the development schedule of the game. Our business guy is currently working on it, while the rest of us is trying to make a living with other jobs meanwhile. We'll need to wait for the outcome of those talks, then we can make definite plans when the completion of the game will take place.
Basically development is part time not full anymore.

Thanks! Ok, it was that story. Read about it, of course, but didn't remember which game that was. Sounds like we won't see this game finished :(

The Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness is still on, right? Seems like they aim for release next month. Did anyone play the beta?

The Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness is still on, right? Seems like they aim for release next month. Did anyone play the beta?
Yes development slowed down but it's on track for release this year.

November 2020 update - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/posts/3019072

Comment from developer in the update section.
Thank you for your comment! The development is stable (most chapters of the game are completely finished and polished). We will soon start posting more regular updates.

Apparently they are in middle of crunch and they previously stated the game *should release in early 2021* - although would be nice if they provide some update on their progress in Kickstarter page. Some people are getting quite unhappy with the dev's silence

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-couriers-of-darkness/comments

Last edited:
Same stuff I posted above.:p

Still yeah they are guilty of not communicating with backers. How I wish every project could be how Larian did it. Constant updates and videos explaining development.

Same stuff I posted above.:p

Still yeah they are guilty of not communicating with backers. How I wish every project could be how Larian did it. Constant updates and videos explaining development.

You keep beating me to it ;)

I understand not all devs have capability to provide constant updates but I think updates from devs like Realms Beyond and Black Geyser were too few and far between.

I've had a pretty good track record with donating to Kickstarters. Not with Realms Beyond, I really pooped the bed on this one. I was excited about this game but at least there's Solasta. 70 euros down the drain. Someone tell me how much that is in dollars :rolleyes: Or was it 70 pounds? Now I'm confused.

I've had a pretty good track record with donating to Kickstarters. Not with Realms Beyond, I really pooped the bed on this one. I was excited about this game but at least there's Solasta. 70 euros down the drain. Someone tell me how much that is in dollars :rolleyes: Or was it 70 pounds? Now I'm confused.
$84.50 in US dollars and yes Solasta has many updates from the developer.

Yeah, the way Solasta has been handled is just the polar opposite of these flaky, bullshitting projects.

Hmm…there is a new KS update from Black Geyser (shared by @Couchpotato; in his thread). I read two things in between the lines: 1) the game will release eventually, 2) it won't happen any time soon.

So the good news is that we may see that game. Even this year if we are lucky. I am a bit afraid that it will release as broken as Kingmaker did. I will definitely buy the game but won't touch it until it has been patched properly. Looks great when it works as intended.

Hopefully later this year as the promised date of 2019 was unrealistic. Look I know the developers can be faulted for many things, but I played the beta and enjoyed it.

It's basically a Pillars of Eternity clone.

Yeah, I remember I said at the time that I wouldn't entirely rule out the game eventually releasing something. Not scammers, but at the same time obviously full of it.

Yeah, I remember I said at the time that I wouldn't entirely rule out the game eventually releasing something. Not scammers, but at the same time obviously full of it.
You and I, and Archangel if I recall, were highly skeptical about the whole thing. And we took a lot of shit over it, in a thread or two. I've got no issues with being wrong though, if it does come out and is good. Can't say I'd mind a PoE clone, or ten.

Back
Top Bottom