Drakensang [Release] The Eye of the Goddess

Perhaps you should rather try sending the original poster of this thread a PM ?
This thread is fairly old, and I fear that he might not be actively reading here ...

Yes i tried sending the pm...hopefully he'll see it. Do you know any other way i can contact him, like discord or something?

This thread is fairly old, and I fear that he might not be actively reading here …

Yes, that's true.

You shouldn't install Drakensang in c:\program files (x86). Due to UAC in Windows this can cause problems. Uninstall the game and choose a different folder, for example c:\games.

Please check if you have got a folder named virtualstore in %userprofile%\appdata. If that is the case, look for three files called static.db4, game.db4 and locale.db4. If these files exist please overwrite these files with the versions located in your Drakensang folder\export db.

Sorry for my late answer.

I've installed it again, and it work! Can't believe it! I'm so excited, thank you, it was super easy! I'll play the whole mod, this game is my life. Thanks thanks thanks!!

It's me again! I finished the mod in about 4 days, but most of it i spent just aimlessy walking around trying to understand wth needed to happen. All and all it was ok...like terribly ok. I would rate it a 6/10...most of the fights were tedious but not "hard" (at least for me) and the only real struggle was the annoying knock down on repeat by some enemies (it was basically a cheat, i would just let the main tank and then it becomes useless). I get it that once your party can handle Mt. Drakensang and Malgorra there are a few things you can do to make fights hard (especially when not adding new and interesting mechanics), but in my opinion it's just poor design to force something like this on the player: I coudln't do anything to stop it since even with max attributes they would just get knocked down over and over. The hardest fight was the SIDE quest in Moorbridge (the one for the chest), not because the enemies were strong, but because they dealt damage WHILE knocking you down, basically making it impossible to even fight multiple shadows except for my Main( also i forgot to buff because i attempted to pick lock like 10 times, so i fought them without buffs). Final fight felt rushed, out of nowhere, and the "i'm still alive, now fight me again but now i double myself" adds nothing to the fight, which was already tedious in the beginning. Also the black amazon were completely useless (except for the random chunks or dmg once in 20 hits,happening out of nowhere, maybe crits idk)
Let's talk about the progression: since it's a mod you are bound to use already existing maps and dungeons, but you were really creative with it and i appreaciate that! Using some of the old locations as well, with different opponents, was nice too, but it got old quickly and ended up being a chore more than a good thing. You meet old characters and new characters, all and all it was ok.
The new items balance out the "cheats" the enemies got, and they were helpful, but in a way made me feel like i was using those cheats more than the strategy itself. I usually like using potions and elixirs to boost my Party, but i didn't need them (yeah i had them ready and didn't really use them) because i felt like i was cheating enough and overall i didn't even think <<oh i would need to have some more regen or some more damage>> like never. Same with the special weapons, I didn't use a single one of those: I can see some use for the Two-Handed sword made in Moorbridge for Traldar, but other than that i kept using regular game weapons (Wyrm Saber and Shield for Rhulana, Farfara Rapier and Dwarf Treasure Two-Handed Hammer for Forgrimm) and they were perfectly fine. I even had Gladys in the party, which usually is useless, but ended up dodging most of the attacks except spells from the One-Eyed-Man (no crazy dmg, just annoying that he kept spamming them) and actually was needed to get the story going.
The puzzles and the "secrets" were the biggest disappointment: either way too easy or way too specific, and most of the "search little items" ended up being just moving my mouse over every item i could see until the cog appears or something changes...no acutal thinking required. The Phex temple was horrible, basically forcing you to tp backwards and then using the bow on the button...totally unintuitive and just boring. Same with the figurine hunt (i love exploring everything, but if you make the Figurine the main quest you need to force the player to "see it" before leaving the areas, altough i found all of the pieces without having to go back to previous areas).
Also the locks in the game should not be mandatory...like what would have happened if i didn't have Gladys in the party? Actually over many gameplays, I rarely used Thiefs in the party, because they becomes pretty useless, also chests and loot should be something extra, not mandatory for the quests...
I like the idea and the thought put into it, but i'm really sorry to say that the execution was poor...I loved the littles jokes and dialogues, they were nice and added flavour to the story, but there was very poor cohesion (like random OP skeletons in a City inn, crazy magic that would put the whole party to sleep in the Manor and then random fire spells and lighting find you or heavy arm on my party??, while summoning skeletons and warriors?) very confusing, but it was ok nontheless.
Last things: most of the talents were never used, or were just useless whatsoever, while picklock and traps were all over the place.

Thanks for the mods Lord Demon, and the work put into it! It was nice to play it, after all these years i could finally play something "new" in this game!

I finished the mod in about 4 days, but most of it i spent just aimlessy walking around trying to understand wth needed to happen.

Not sure if this is what he's talking about, but I took the German version of the Quest List and Quest Givers and translated it into English.

If anyone wants a copy of it, get ahold of me via the Steam Drakensang forum link I posted earlier in this thread. I watch it a lot more closely than I do this forum. I use the same name there.

I've found with both of the Drakensang Games and this mod that just finding the quest givers can be a pain as you have to go back and talk to all the npc's over and over again to find the quests. Using a list of who's handing out quests makes the game so much easier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom