Return of the Daily Smile

E

Eye

A dog called Pebbles?

FPhBCaOWUAQUDHD.jpg

pibbuR

Feeling ... lonely?
felsius.png

piobbuR who still prefers Kelvin (pereferably expressed with hexadecimal digits).

PS. There is actually a fourth scale (with some but fortunately very limited use), the Rankine svcale . It's like Kelvin in the sense that absolute zero==0, but unlike Kelvin it's based on Fahrenheit., Thus 0C==273.15K==32F==491.67. FACEPALM!!!! DS

PPS. Actually there are even more scales. Wikipedia lists 4 additional temperature scales (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale_of_temperature) DS.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Love it. :D

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
felsius.png

piobbuR who still prefers Kelvin (pereferably expressed with hexadecimal digits).

PS. There is actually a fourth scale (with some but fortunately very limited use), the Rankine svcale . It's like Kelvin in the sense that absolute zero==0, but unlike Kelvin it's based on Fahrenheit., Thus 0C==273.15K==32F==491.67. FACEPALM!!!! DS

PPS. Actually there are even more scales. Wikipedia lists 4 additional temperature scales (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale_of_temperature) DS.

I have my own scale too:

"Shit! It's freezing, I need my winter coat, gloves, scarf and 3 layers" - Beast of the East cold wave. Think Iceland weather.
"It's cold. I've got my winter coat on" - Most of the year in the UK
"It's getting warm, I'll just wear my hoodie" - 2 months of the year in the UK. Type of weather most Mediterranean countries have when it's cold for them.
"It's really nice now. Go out in t-shirts and shorts" - 2 weeks of the year in the UK. When the Mediterranean is in its happy season.
"I'm dying here!" - 1 week heat wave in the UK. Think India most of the year.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Don't get me started on °C/°F vs K, US and UK gallon vs litre, mile / nautical mile / Scandinavian mile vs km, PSI / mmHg vs bar, roentgen / rad / rem /... vs Sv and so on. That's why we still have to carry a calculator (but I don't mind, I love calculators).

So dangerous, so confusing. It reminds me of this satellite lost because two collaborative teams were using different units. Or that one time I took off with the only plane still equipped with an air speed indicator in mph instead of kn without noticing it. Someone was very unhappy about it. ;)

Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
I have my own scale too:

"Shit! It's freezing, I need my winter coat, gloves, scarf and 3 layers" - Beast of the East cold wave. Think Kansas in mid-January.
"It's cold. I've got my winter coat on" - Think Kansas for everything else between November to the first half of March
"It's getting warm, I'll just wear my hoodie" - Think Kansas in October or the last half of March through the first half of May. (Hope it's a water-proof hoodie.)
"It's really nice now. Go out in t-shirts and shorts" - Think Kansas in the last half of September and the last half of May
"I'm dying here!" - The rest of the year in Kansas
Fixed that for you. ;)

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
Mine would be shorter:
"It's really nice now. Go out in t-shirts and shorts" - Think Brisbane all year long!! :)

pibbuR

Feeling ... lonely?
Mine would be shorter:
"It's really nice now. Go out in t-shirts and shorts" - Think Brisbane all year long!! :)

Q: What months are Australia's summer months?
A: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December.

pibbuR who probably won't be allowed in due to his love for Norwegian brown cheese (not an euphemism for drugs).

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
mainly_known_for.png

pibbuR who, sad to say, has to admit that he is there, does that.

... And the worst thing is , that I'm totally like that ! :lol:

... Just not with *really* important people ... ;)

pibbuR

Feeling ... lonely?
broken_mirror.png

pibbuR who (AFAHK) never broke a mirror, but (mostly unintentionally) several pieces of small(occasionally large) non-furry items of other (more or less) fragile hardware, sometimes including collateral damage to tissues.

pibbuR

Feeling ... lonely?
A very familiar problem:
usb_cables.png

pibbuR who just 2 hours ago searched his storage areas for a specific type of USB cable (or a compatible adapter), but couldn't find any. Note to himself: remember to tidy up said storage areas before the wife notices.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I thought INFRA was some kind of London Tube ? The picture looks to me like that …

Redglyph

SasqWatch
I thought INFRA was some kind of London Tube ? The picture looks to me like that …

No, but you're correct, the picture was taken in the metro. It's taking place all over an imaginary city, you play the role of a structural engineer who must assess the infrastructure of several facilities.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Ah, I see.
I understand it better now.

Couchpotato

Burned Out Newsposter
In honor of the Warhammmer festival this week on Steam.

Furry: First Contact

The Furry Disease

Top Bottom