Return of the Daily Smile

Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed there were foxes just strolling around Westminster during the day like that.
Yeah - this is fox city. They absolutely thrive. One of the culprits is an eccentric woman round the corner who puts out sandwiches for them, like she was expecting Paddington bloody Bear.

They don't cause much trouble, but my dog doesn't like their style any more than Larry does.

Interesting, I wouldn't have imagined.

We have a few here, including a few dens in the garden into which we must take not to fall. Unfortunately cats are rare so I never could watch how they interacted. The contact with them is discouraged since they may carry a disease that is mortal for human (which makes them more dangerous than cats).

There are periods during which they are protected, like now. Otherwise, it's rare, but they can be hunted down, possibly even for a reward.

These two comes with a question:
actuarial.png

tcmp.png

What has "F1RST" to do with trolling?

pibbuR who apparently doesn't know how to troll (disputed).

PS: If I wrote "FØRST" I might be trolling because the Norwegian vowel 'Ø" doesn't always translate well into English. DS.

PPS. 'Ø' is pronounced like the 'u' in "fur". DS.

They don't cause much trouble, but my dog doesn't like their style any more than Larry does.
pibbuR who wonders if the beast (which he assumes is called Ripper, or depending on size, the Big Ripper) like the wisdom, lore and behaviour of cats?

PS Our late cat, Rüsce (Quenya for fox) didn't like dogs. Come to think of it, she didn't like any mammal, possibly other than herself, and 4 primates. DS.

pibbuR who apparently doesn't know how to troll (disputed).

PS: If I wrote "FØRST" I might be trolling because the Norwegian vowel 'Ø" doesn't always translate well into English. DS.

F1RST...
... to second this question!

In some news forums and similar (Youtube comments) you can see someone posting "first" without anything else, just for the sake of being the first poster. It's trolling in its simplest form.

EDIT:

These two comes with a question:
actuarial.png

tcmp.png

... And I always thought it'd be pronounced like ö in "Österreich" ?

... And I always thought it'd be pronounced like ö in "Österreich" ?
Huh? In my ears those are pronounced the same. Unless I don't know how Germans pronounce "Österreich" (or the English pronounce "fur").

"pibbuR" who in recent years (the last 1000 years or so) is pronounced as it's written. Earlier than that not so much (disregarding that the 'R' should be mirrored)

pibbuR who wonders if the beast (which he assumes is called Ripper, or depending on size, the Big Ripper) like the wisdom, lore and behaviour of cats?

PS Our late cat, Rüsce (Quenya for fox) didn't like dogs. Come to think of it, she didn't like any mammal, possibly other than herself, and 4 primates. DS.
My dog is not generally of ripping temperament, and she will actually greet some of the local felines. There is one that defecates in the vegetable beds, though, and she won't stand for that.

But really quite a nice creature. A while back we were walking in the park, and she started dragging me towards the bushes, not taking 'no' for an answer. In the bushes there was a little girl huddled down and crying. It was nothing sinister - some other girls had been mean to her, and she couldn't find her mum. The dog started licking her face and making her laugh, so I left them together and went off to fetch mum.

Children, to my dog, are known to make a fuss of her and throw her ball for ages, which places them in an esteemed position in the human pantheon.

And just recently we were walking down the street, and we came across this guy that was literally hopping mad. Someone had dinged his parked car, and left no details. He kind of came across as yelling at me, but he was just sharing his outrage. The dog gave me a look to say, "What's this guy's deal? Shall I do the low-down growling thing?" And I looked back to say, "No, don't worry." It's that level of understanding you can have with some dogs that I find amazing.

Funnily enough, she has never responded to anything on a TV screen, except for one image. A few years ago there was a murderer on the loose, named Raoul Moat. They kept showing his mugshot on the news. Every time it came up, she would crouch and start with the guttural growling and the hackles.

raoul-moat.jpg

Last edited:
Today I talked with a patient, a teenager of about 14 years of age, and we spent some time talking about using social media in a decently healthy way. When I mentioned Facebook he dismissed it and said: "No offense, but only middle aged+ people use Facebook."

That made me feel old. And happy that the youth move away from silly old people stuff. :D

Today I talked with a patient, a teenager of about 14 years of age, and we spent some time talking about using social media in a decently healthy way. When I mentioned Facebook he dismissed it and said: "No offense, but only middle aged+ people use Facebook."

That made me feel old. And happy that the youth move away from silly old people stuff. :D
What social media was he addicted to, then?

Probably TikTok, Twitter, and Instagram. I wish they would all close down.

You can tell by that reply I hate all social media apps and sites.:biggrin:

Should point out to the little buggers that Instagram is just Facebook in a trendy costume. They don't really care which frontend you favour. And TikTok is of course at the pleasure of the CCP.

Yeah that is a wierd one. It looks like messaging apps are considered Social Media which is wierd because where do you draw the line? Why is Google Messages not on there or the iPhone equivelent? They both would oust Facebook I would imagine.

None, but he wasn't pleased with himself watching a bit too much YouTube.

The youth in Sweden mostly prefer Snapchat. It's mostly younger teens and kids who watch Tiktok a lot. For some reason there seems to be more girls who watch Tiktok and boys seem to prefer YouTube. Don't know why.

@JDR13 I'd guess the difference between whatsapp and many other messaging sevices is often that it is mostly used for group communication. Maybe.

I'm surprised FB is still #1. Youtube is more a one-way media so I don't think it should be in the same category.

Whatsapp is very popular here, at work and in social groups of all natures including family. I think it's due to the flexibility in forming groups, the fact it's mobile-friendly, secure and allows for voice & video calls. It's the whole package from the start and it's well done.

Other than that, teenagers and students are often using Instagram. Thankfully my kids find Tiktok quite ridiculous so this one is out of the picture.

Another trend is voice messaging, and calling people in speaker mode.

I would just like to third the notion that first isn't really trolling.

Back
Top Bottom