Return of the Daily Smile

I like that one. My favorite football team's mascot is the Wolverines.

Pound for pound, that's probably the nastiest mammal on the planet.

There is also the Tasmanian devil:
looney-tunes-veselye-melodii-6132.jpg

pibbuR who notices that there is a book on amazon about Wolverine vs Devil (https://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-VS-Tasmanian-Devil-Would/dp/0545451892).

PS. Lots of references on the subject fpund on Google, actually. The general opinion is that the Wolverine would be the winner, given the size difference. DS.

PPS. Regardiong sizes: There's also the description of gnomes in Terry Pratchett's Discworld. They're not more angry than other species, but all that anger is consentrated in a very smal body (10 cm). DS.

The real Tasmanian Devil is also very nasty.
And not brown. ;)

The real Tasmanian Devil is also very nasty.
And not brown. ;)

No doubt the cartoon implementation is based exactly on that nastiness.

pibbur who thinks he's mostly resembles more gentle animals, like the … (NOT SHEEP!!!!).

Last edited:
The Tasmanian Devils await to welcome a pibbuR to the antipodes.

true

I like that one. My favorite football team's mascot is the Wolverines.

Pound for pound, that's probably the nastiest mammal on the planet.

That or the sweetly named honey badger. There has been speculation in both directions as to who would win and it's inconclusive.

Just Google "Squid Game - SNL". There are other sources besides YouTube.

Don't watch it though if you haven't seen Squid Game yet. :)

Just Google "Squid Game - SNL". There are other sources besides YouTube.

Don't watch it though if you haven't seen Squid Game yet. :)

Advice taken. I will definitely watch it eventually, just have to at least partially finish the shows I'm watching at the moment (Mr Robot season 1, Another Life season 2, Foundation and one more series whose(?) name eludes me ATM)..

One problem with the series I've noticed from Norwegian newspapers is that in some cases children in kindergarten and primary school has begun playing scenes from the series. I thought the series was meant for a slightly more adult audience?

pibbur who considers this mainly a problem with the poarents and not the series.

One problem with the series I've noticed from Norwegian newspapers is that in some cases children in kindergarten and primary school has begun playing scenes in the series. I thought the series was meant for a slightly more adult audience?

It's definitely meant for an adult audience, yes. There are children in a few scenes, but those scenes take place away from the main plot and are very tame by comparison.

One problem with the series I've noticed from Norwegian newspapers is that in some cases children in kindergarten and primary school has begun playing scenes from the series. I thought the series was meant for a slightly more adult audience?

I have read here similar things. Apparingly this series is a favourite among teenagers or even among kids.
At least that's how I've understood it.

I've come to believe that it would be a good idea to put everything about this octopus game into the "politics" section.

I selected this birthday card for one of my friends.

41VuzKN66PS._AC_SY580_.jpg

kirk.jpg

How the UK works (or doesn't)?

The metric conversion:

"Everything you buy is measured in metric, so sugar is marked as say 500g bag, or a beer bottle is 330ml, but they never bothered with the roads. So I drive a car that measures temperature in Celsius, speed in mph, fuel consumption in mpg, and I buy petrol by the litre.

Some things have stuck, too, like beer is still served in pints, height is mostly measured in feet, but while most people measure weight by stone and pounds some do in kg. "

Back
Top Bottom