Return of the Daily Smile

How the UK works (or doesn't)?

The metric conversion:

"Everything you buy is measured in metric, so sugar is marked as say 500g bag, or a beer bottle is 330ml, but they never bothered with the roads. So I drive a car that measures temperature in Celsius, speed in mph, fuel consumption in mpg, and I buy petrol by the litre.

Some things have stuck, too, like beer is still served in pints, height is mostly measured in feet, but while most people measure weight by stone and pounds some do in kg. "

I find this fascinating, and in the bright side, it has trained me to be naturally good at translating kgs. to pounds and kms. to miles and so on when I see the different measures all over the internet.

The one thing I still have to look up a google converter for is Celsius to Farenheit. :biggrin:

I find this fascinating, and in the bright side, it has trained me to be naturally good at translating kgs. to pounds and kms. to miles and so on when I see the different measures all over the internet.

The one thing I still have to look up a google converter for is Celsius to Farenheit.
It's not exact but you can basically remove 30 and then divide by 2.

20F is - 5C. In reality it's - 6.7

So 50F is 10 C degrees. This is exactly correct

100F is 35C and in reality it's 37.8.

It's a good rule of thumb.

Interesting as this is, could we please remember this is a HUMOUR thread!! :)

Very well, I find both my upper arms to be quite humerus (sp?). ;)

They are somewhat marrow-minded though.

Alright then, because Halloween is actually a thing on the other side of the world, here goes a themed one.

It was in the wedding between Svetie the Banshee and Giraud the Vampire, that Jimmy the Ghoul fell out of grace. It's not only that he showed late at the wedding, he went further. He completely skipped the ceremony and went straight to the banquet.

So they gave him the cold shoulder.

Sadly, samhain seems a pale holiday compared to how I remember it being in my youth. This year I only had two trick or treaters, which I found truly sad. Now, I do live on a small street, so that could be a factor, yet I recall thoroughly exploring every neighborhood when I was a wee one, getting every piece of candy possible. Are children just that scared these days, or so used to getting things handed to them that they're unwilling to work for it?

Now the two tikes that came by were awesome, one was a hobo and the other....well, I don't know what she was dressed up as, maybe some cartoon character or something I'm unfamiliar with. Totally adorable though, and they both bowed after getting candy, and said they liked the spooky tunes I had playing!!

Very well, I find both my upper arms to be quite humerus (sp?). ;)

They are somewhat marrow-minded though.

How do you spell "humerus" - with 4 'p's, just like in "horse". No, spelling is correct.

To continue this tradition, here are 3 simliar "jokes" or "names":

"Ole Cranon" ("Ole" is a Norwegian first name, like in "Ole Gunnar Solskjær", the current manager of United), after "olecranon". the bony expanison on the back of the elbow.

"Billy Rubin" after "bilirubin", a waste product from destruction of red blood cells (yes, it's normal process, about 2 million of them are destroyed every second) and the reason why poo is brown (too much detail?).

And (somewhat macabre?):
"Rigmor(another Norwegian firstname) Mortis after - I don't think I have to explain that.

pibbuR who admits these are very lame.

Sadly, samhain seems a pale holiday compared to how I remember it being in my youth. This year I only had two trick or treaters, which I found truly sad. Now, I do live on a small street, so that could be a factor, yet I recall thoroughly exploring every neighborhood when I was a wee one, getting every piece of candy possible. Are children just that scared these days, or so used to getting things handed to them that they're unwilling to work for it?

Now the two tikes that came by were awesome, one was a hobo and the other….well, I don't know what she was dressed up as, maybe some cartoon character or something I'm unfamiliar with. Totally adorable though, and they both bowed after getting candy, and said they liked the spooky tunes I had playing!!

pibbuR who knows he has posted this one before, and who never has met any T&T's.

Last edited:
star_wars_spoiler_generator.png

pibbuR who admits this is a bit late

I like this one a bit more ;) :

painbow_award.png

flinch.png

pibbuR who only trusts the wife

I'm with the engineer. Never mind all this theory - what do we know about what actually might happen, and who did the job? :p

I agree. How do we know that the proper rope was used. Perhaps it is not strong enough for the weight of the ball. Or perhaps it is too elastic and the ball just drops down on my feet. have al thel safety precautions been taken into account? There are so many variables how this could go wrong. If it is not engineered properly all bets are off.

Announcing the newest Barber Movie : "The Beards Of ZZ Top ..."

Back
Top Bottom