RIP Stadia

I dislike internet based services and had no plans to use Stadia. I am impressed that they are giving refunds for everything.

tenor.gif

Well, that sucks. For someone who does not have a lot of time to play computer games, especially not at home, Stadia was a good offer. I got it because of RDR2, CP2077, and BG3. Played all of those games heavily (for my standard) on it and will loose progress in RDR2, which I did not manage to finish yet :(

At least they have the spine to pay back all the games. Hopefully that works without problems...

Now I probably have to invest into a new gaming laptop to play BG3, or then use GeForce Now...

Heh, it seems excessive to me in general.

I don't think Stadia worked any worse than Xbox Series X regarding lag. Also that thing seems to lag sometimes. Of course, it depends on the internet connection but we tend to have quite modern cables even on the countryside.

I hope that the dude referred to above understands that life doesn't handle about the destination, but the journey. If he thinks his 6k hours are going to waste, he has been wasting his life pretty heavily by playing games. Should find better things to do with his life.

Anyway, I am now ready to let Stadia rest in peace too. This was a good deal. I got to play RDR2, CP2077 and BG3 EA through for free as it seems. I used some 400 hours on the platform together and had very few issues. Most issues were related to my internet connection but a few were also server related. Those did not last for long.

What I liked most about the platform was that I could play both on the sofa through TV and through a laptop. I utilised that feature often on travels and also because I still cannot use a gamepad properly. All the difficult shooting situations in CP2077, I played through with mouse and keyboard. The rest of the game in 4K resolution with my TV.

The only complaint I have is that most games were not available on this platform. Probably one reason why it did not collect more people and why Google decided to stop doing it. All in all, this was a too good deal for casual gamers like me, and a too bad deal for Google who was supporting our hobby. Oh well. Thanks for all the fish Stadia.

Back
Top Bottom