Risen - Available again

The times when you could be sure the studio which developed the game also made its ports or remasters are long gone. ;) THQ / Embracer owns at least a dozen studios qualified to do such service development on the side while slowly cooking their own new game. Sony even took over two complete high-profile studios specialized in this.

I don't know who did the Risen update, but there are several possibilities. Maybe PB, but maybe Black Forest (their own game shipped a short time ago and AFAIR they have experience with the Risen and Gothic IPs; plus they are buddies with PB), maybe an unknown Embracer studio. Unless they specifically say PB made it, it's not safe to assume so. Of course it would be the most obvious developer choice, but it would blockade valuable coding resources possibly needed for their next game. That's an important business decision with pros and cons.

(It doesn't really matter for the customers though. If it works, it works. They don't care who manufactured their iPad. Why should they care who worked through a checklist of technical updates?!)

Well I just got the email that Risen was released for the Switch … I have a bunch of credit on the eShop, so I will buy it and see how it plays (interrupting my Gothic 2 run!)

Back
Top Bottom