Risen - Hotfix, Patch, DLC?

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Two semi news and a rumor:

• PB and Deep Silver will release a hotfix to solve the fog problem on GeForce 6 & 7 cards. The fix is already in external testing.
  • A patch for the XBox 360 conversion is in the works. An official announcement should be coming soon. A couple of print mags report it will primarily polish the graphics. Which is a good idea, if the majority of the reviews is correct.
  • Several European sites, for example Gamed.nl, are reporting DLC is also in the works. This is unconfirmed.
More information.

Thanks.
Hope the Official Announcement for the Patch for Xbox comes soon.
Great game though.

geForce 6x patch? IIRC this game states 7x series as min. requirement... whatever.

But the game has a few things to solve:
1. fleece the butcher quest - if you robbed him before the quest you won't be able to finish it
2. monastery quest from doorman - if you don't hear him saying he doesn't need anything from you and say that to quest giver, your game is broken and you can't ever proceed to next chapter
3. monastery catch the murderer quest - if you get him before you finish basic training, again, you'll never finish that training!
4. smuggler in harbor city - if you find don's amulet in another quest via escape route, you won't be able to enter the house ever again nor to talk to third brother and this quest including other quests that come from this one are impossible to finish, plus this smuggler is only one person to get prospecting skill from, but you'll luckily meet him again in another chapter on another place

two more oddities:
1. you never get a quest to open jack's chest, but if you do open it, you get the quest note, the quest success note and xp reward, another one is cole's bow from "pawn shop" if you return it to cole
2. i'm unsure if this is a bug, but if you side with monastery with all harbor city quests (order) you can't max pickpocket skill, instead level 3, you can only take it to level 2 (phil), the person in monastery listed as pickpocket trainer doesn't train that skill at all, and the odd thing is that you can still max the lockpick skill?!

Why am I writing this here? I've registered on DS forums to write this, but I've never received the activation e-mail so I can't post there at all!

1. you never get a quest to open jack's chest, but if you do open it, you get the quest note, the quest success note and xp reward

you get the info for jack's key by a landlord

1. fleece the butcher quest - if you robbed him before the quest you won't be able to finish it

just go back to Cid and tell him - he says the butcher will pay never in his life

geForce 6x patch? IIRC this game states 7x series as min. requirement… whatever.

-> GeForce 6x and 7x use the same driver technique - on low settings the 6x cards work, except for the fog-bug.

4. smuggler in harbor city - if you find don's amulet in another quest via escape route, you won't be able to enter the house ever again nor to talk to third brother

There's multiple ways. You can sure enough talk to the third bro if you need to.

Am I the only person whose inverted mouse doesn't stick? I have to reopen that settings page to trigger it after starting.

A small thing to fix: In chapter 3, Vince is referred to as Ethan by the Inquisitor. They should probably change his name to Ethan, since the dialogue is voiced, but the name "Vince" is just a simple text.

you get the info for jack's key by a landlord

just go back to Cid and tell him - he says the butcher will pay never in his life

geForce 6x patch? IIRC this game states 7x series as min. requirement… whatever.

-> GeForce 6x and 7x use the same driver technique - on low settings the 6x cards work, except for the fog-bug.
Huh? Yes, you get the note on the key, but you don't get the quest. IIRC
For the butcher I'm telling you that there is no way to finish that quest if you robbed him already. Try it if you don't believe me. And Cid doesn't have an option you suggest - if, as I said, you robbed him before.

northreign, that is no true. As I said, you are unable to go inside the house without being attackedf if, please read this, pretty please, if:
1. you finished 3bowls quest for the don
2. you got the amulet through city escape route and finished the amulet quest for Don

The only possible option is to levitate on the balcony, but when I've tried that I got also attacked

If you don't believe me, I can send you my savegames to check it all up.

Maylander, thanks for noticing that, I missed it. ;)

For the butcher I'm telling you that there is no way to finish that quest if you robbed him already. Try it if you don't believe me. And Cid doesn't have an option you suggest - if, as I said, you robbed him before.

I had this option after robbing him -> maybe a difference between the german and the english version.

I don't see why you think this is a failure of the quest logic. I get that you probably don't like an unfinished quest but if you already robbed the butcher, it's a bit hard to demonstrate how the lack of the Don's protection will cost him.

This is just a consequence of the gameplay route you took - no big deal.

You don't think it's case of bad design?
Maybe you're right. But just maybe. :p

And there was a surprise for me today... I finally got the activation mail from Deep Silver forums... Which means... I'm finally in spam business there! :D

Back
Top Bottom