PB never sold much world wide in comparison to the German sells. This is the main cause for not marketing Risen 3 world wide. It never paid off in the past.
The Gothic and Risen games are only insiders' tips world wide.
In Germany many PC gamers play these games, even if they are not CRPG fans in the first place.
Yep and Germans love sims like "Landwirtschafts-Simulator 2015" ;)

My hopes for Risen 3:
- Magic system from Risen 1
- Add Voodoo possessions from Risen 2
- Add companions system from Risen 2
- TOTALLY remove anything resembling the boss fight of Risen 1
- Not too long, not too short... 40-60 hours is fine
- Please test it well! Have it 2 years in 'Steam Early Access' if you want.

@lostforever

As far as I know the German Risen "First editions":
(regular) First Edition
Collector's Edition
Shadow Lord Edition

are DRM free and have no Steam key. I don't know if the English localization is included.

Also do you know when the English retail version will be release please? Or does the German version comes with English as an optional language?

I can't seem to find the retail version on any UK sites…

Also do you know if the retail version comes with steam key?

I know too many questions lol
Any german retail version has only one language: German.
There is no Steam, Origin or uPlay key on it, it's DRMfree.

Multilanguage PC retail versions are not available for preorder yet. Still no word about them. Console versions are available for preorder.

All digital download PC versions contain Steamworks DRM. Practically you buy and receive Risen 3 Steam key and then download the game from Steam.

@HiddenX and @joxer

Thanks for the info.

I would like to get the CE edition for the map but I also prefer to to have it on steam etc for cases where I loose the cds lol

Anyway it looks like I have to wait a bit in order to get the English retail version.

I'm not sure if this is real deal, but this swiss store seems to offer multilanguage CE and ShadowLord edition:
http://www.wog.ch/index.cfm/details/product/38882-Risen-3-Titan-Lords-Collectors-Edition
http://www.wog.ch/index.cfm/details/product/39676-Risen-3-Titan-Lords-Limited-Shadow-Lord-Edition

For what I've heard Shadow Lord edition is german only.
Either sources didn't tell the truth or this store doesn't have a proper info.

CE edition there however could really be multilanguage (but manual still on german).
And that's the only such offer out there. Be patient, there's still plenty of time before the release.
Forget buying there as they ship only to Switzerland and Liechtenstein.

And now I see that on amazon.de also says this on german collector edition:
Sprache: Englisch, Deutsch (sprache means language, englisch is obvious, deutsch is german).

Man, this got totally complicated. I'm definetly gonna ask on deepsilver forum to clear this once and for all. Hell if german CE contains also english dub, I might still order it. Amazon.de ships to all EU countries (not all but most of stuff).

Last edited:
Deep Silver handling of Risen 3 retail release outside of Germany is just abysmal. They seem to be banking on the German audiance only - do they (Deep Silver) know something we don't?

Risen 3 looks exactly like Risen 2 which isn't a good thing. They're using the exact same engine and the game has been built within two years. I don't have high hopes for this one and it's releasing near Shadows of Mordor, Lords of the Fallen and Dragon Age: Inquisition which are all bigger titles and AAA. Not to mention it's only on last gen.

This will probably only sell to its fan base now. Most other people are probably still playing Original Sin which will tide them over to the other RPG's coming out later in the year. I know I'm doing that....

Well I'm not.

Oh btw… Not buying Shadows of Mordor as I already have it on my good old C64.
I'd rather play more of the same Risen 2 than let anyone to milk me with overmilked Tolkien's book.

Lords of the fallen? Never heard of it.

Last edited:
Risen 3 looks exactly like Risen 2 which isn't a good thing. They're using the exact same engine and the game has been built within two years. I don't have high hopes for this one and it's releasing near Shadows of Mordor, Lords of the Fallen and Dragon Age: Inquisition which are all bigger titles and AAA. Not to mention it's only on last gen.

This will probably only sell to its fan base now. Most other people are probably still playing Original Sin which will tide them over to the other RPG's coming out later in the year. I know I'm doing that….

Your loss bro.

The other games you mention have very different types of gameplay compared to the Risen series. I don't see them as being direct competition to Risen 3. Especially since none of those titles are being released until October at the earliest.

I see cheap steam key floating about on many sites from other countries. Risen 3 is £40 on UK steam but I have seen keys for low as £25. Do you guys know if Deep silver region lock steam keys?

As I've mentioned previously, gamersgate customers received newsletter with account specific -20% code that can be used to preorder Risen 3 (valid for just a few more days). So far R3 is not listed on GreenManGaming in case you planned to use their voucher.

I pre-ordered it a few minutes ago from GamersGate, but I ended up paying full price. I had one of those -20% codes they sent to me in an email last month but it didn't work for some reason. Oh well…

Did you receive the Steam key from GamersGate yet?

For digital game, don't buy directly on Steam it's the most expensive option. I went with GamersGate with a code as it was 1/5 lesser price. Deep Silver suggests two options (shop menu at risen3.deepsilver.com), one is HumbleStore which is also full price, but another is 10% less price so that's still not a bad option.

Key resellers have prices less than these, for example go2arena offers preorder for 26€ but I don't buy preorders on such sites. Only old games.
Why?
Let's try to think how these sites operate. Older games were on sale somewhere we didn't see or cared in the past. They bought a bunch of copies, added 10%-20% on the sum they've paid and now they resell those keys when those games are not on sale any more. And we get them for cheaper price, everyone's happy. Perfectly logical, right?

But how can they resell preorders then? It's shady and not logical thus I avoid that.
I did buy keys on mentioned go2arena site, every single key worked and for that part that site is safe. But I can vouch only for older games, I can't say for sure their "preorder" key will work! Why I say "preorder"? Because it doesn't include real preorder day1 DLC.

For CE versions, languages and mess up please be a bit more patient. A moderator on DS forum also got confused after I gave some data on it but promised to look at it some more today. If he can't clear it up, well, there is always Deep Silver support. ;)

@JDR
No key yet, they have to receive those from Steam first. Expect it a few days prior to release. I seriously dunno how the code didn't work on you. Maybe you used some that expired?

I'm looking for a cheap option to pre-order the game too, all the places I found with the digital option none have discounts (only legit places, I don't trust key resellers) and the place I normally use for pre-order of Steamworks games for some reason doesn't have the game (GreenManGaming)

@JDR
No key yet, they have to receive those from Steam first. Expect it a few days prior to release. I seriously dunno how the code didn't work on you. Maybe you used some that expired?

It's not a big deal. I never mind paying full price for a Piranha Bytes game. :)

My only problem with pre-ordering from sites like GamersGate and Green Man Gaming is that sometimes you won't receive your key until the day of release. I hope that isn't the case here. I want to be able to pre-load it the day before it's released and start playing as soon as it's unlocked.

It's not a big deal. I never mind paying full price for a Piranha Bytes game. :)

If I am buying the game directly from PB, then I have no issues with paying full prices but I don't really know about other sites. For example steam has it for £40 another site for £25, now how much will PB get from steam and this other site?

I'm looking for a cheap option to pre-order the game too, all the places I found with the digital option none have discounts (only legit places, I don't trust key resellers) and the place I normally use for pre-order of Steamworks games for some reason doesn't have the game (GreenManGaming)

The cheapest I found is here, about £23. However its Brazilian site and I have never used it but I know people who have bought from there. The only issue I have is if the steam key is region locked or not...

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2220-risen-3-titan-lords

The cheapest I found is here, about £23. However its Brazilian site and I have never used it but I know people who have bought from there. The only issue I have is if the steam key is region locked or not…

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2220-risen-3-titan-lords
Thanks, I always forget to check this site (I'm brazilian, then lock isn't a problem) and is a bit cheaper than Steam (Steam was already a cheaper option than other places because the majority of games in the brazilian store have prices lower than the direct conversion between dollars and reais, my country's currency). And answering your question, the page says the game is region locked and can't be played outside of Brazil.

Back
Top Bottom