Roadwarden - an RPG / Visual Novel / Text Adventure fantasy hybrid (demo available)

Found some screenshots from 2019 Roadwarden demo and compared them to the ones I took this week... What a long journey!

sss1.png

sss2.png

sss3.png

sss4.png

sss5.png

sss6.png

sss7.png

sss8.png

Only a few weeks left! Roadwarden will be available on Steam on September 8th!

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

This is it. My last ScreenshotSaturday before Roadwarden's release. Can't wait to bring you the good news on Thursday!

I estimate it's a 30+ hours campaign, but completionists will spend even more time completing the large, world-changing quests. And since all quests are optional and most of them can be completed with varying outcomes, various players will have a completely different experience, further altered by their character class, personal goals, personality, and the allies they'll choose.

In Roadwarden you can't make everyone happy. There will be sacrifices.

sss01.png

sss02.png

sss03.png

sss04.png

Grave news! Roadwarden's new release date is September 12th!

I apologize to all of you who planned to play it this weekend. We need to polish a few small issues before you can start your adventure.

I'm deeply sorry, but it will be worth the wait!

grave-news.png

Thank you both! The review from RPShotgun made me super happy.

Thank you for the sign of good will! So far the sales have been pretty promising, I still hope there will be some larger reviews other than on Rock-Paper-Shotgun and Eurogamer, but even those two make me quite happy.

Congratulations! Looks like a quality game and a result of hard work. Must feel nice to get so positive reviews :) I see the reception on Steam is really good too. Only "not recommended" so far seem like spam. I hope it will sell enough to pay back the time and money you have invested in this!

Thank you, largh!
Only "not recommended" so far seem like spam.
I just woke up and there's now 1 decent negative review - specifically, person doesn't like having no actors involved in the game, especially no narrator. And that's a relief, the previous ones were really feeling like brigading from some sort of Discord channel.
There's a chance that if the game turns out to be a flop, it can still help me by improving my chances of getting another job in the industry. So far, it seems to open more doors than it closes. : )

Congrats!

Yeah, it can't be easy to get negative reviews, but it's not possible to make everyone happy with so many different (and weird) expectations. Especially on Steam where it's binary - only positive or negative.

Fortunately there are already several very positive reviews from critics, that must help a lot in many ways! :)

It does, thank you. I just let the stress get the best out of me, I need to survive a few more harsh days and I'll be fine.

Congratulations

I am mostly a lurker but I have followed this game sporadically and tried and liked the first demo so will buy the game

cheers
M

I finally tried the demo and liked it quite a bit. Extra kudos on the music and sound design. Did you compose the soundtrack yourself?

Back
Top Bottom