Rogue Trader - Gameplay Trailer

There better not be any stupid overarching management shit in this game.
Well be prepared to be disappointed. As you are a noble given a license to build a trading Empire. There was talk about having a spaceship as your home-base as well.

Owlcat hasn't gone into detail yet on how much you will manage your trade Empire.

As for the video looks like the same Unity engine which is not surprising. ^^

200 $ on top of the 99 $ for the Developer's Digital Editon for a small statue and an art book seems a bit steep. I mean, I would be interested in both items, but not for that price.
Other than that, the game seems to come along quite nicely. And they are still patching WotR regularly.

Well be prepared to be disappointed. As you are a noble given a license to build a trading Empire. There was talk about having a spaceship as your home-base as well.

Owlcat hasn't gone into detail yet on how much you will manage your trade Empire.
Well, I'm all for managing your crew and spaceship and trading business, but managing a trading "empire" sounds like yet another unnecessary (and clunkily presented, no doubt) diversion. Just put those resources into fleshing out and QA-ing the core game more.

I'm still lukewarm towards this given the setting and TB only.

Hoping I will get a chance to participate in alpha (if there will be one)

Well, I'm all for managing your crew and spaceship and trading business, but managing a trading "empire" sounds like yet another unnecessary (and clunkily presented, no doubt) diversion. Just put those resources into fleshing out and QA-ing the core game more.
They haven't given much insight yet on how involved the management layer is going to be. For some reason, I don't think it's going to be as deep as the kingdom stuff in Pathfinder, but that could be wishful thinking on my part.

Given Owlcat loves table-top RPGs and management mechanics I'm 100% sure it will be part of every game they develop. Not saying every game will be the same though.

As both Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous was different.

They haven't given much insight yet on how involved the management layer is going to be. For some reason, I don't think it's going to be as deep as the kingdom stuff in Pathfinder, but that could be wishful thinking on my part.
The override functionality that was added to the two previous games got rid of most of the kingdom management stuff and made it an entirely different experience. It was worth a replay just to enjoy the more focused role-playing. Hopefully they will do the same with this effort.

The mechanics don't look much different from the previous games.

I can't believe they're still trying to sell physical goods though. ;)

The override functionality that was added to the two previous games got rid of most of the kingdom management stuff and made it an entirely different experience. It was worth a replay just to enjoy the more focused role-playing. Hopefully they will do the same with this effort.
Is it safe now to hide the crusader management in Wrath of the Righteous? I know it wasn't working in Kingmaker and I didn't dare to try that in Wrath of the Righteous because it was not entirely finished when I played it.

But to be honest it didn't really bother me, even if I wasn't fond of the mini combat system.

I'm not a fan of Warhammer but will still play this, as their last two games did so many good things. One thing I am happy about is turn-based only; that's awesome news. It was great they added a TB option in WoTR, but it wasn't really balanced for it, which made for many overly long battles.

Couldn't be an owl-cat thread without someone praising TB.

Next will be someones criticizing RTwP. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Couldn't be an owl-cat thread without someone praising TB.
I don't know if this is directed at me but there was nothing in my comment praising TB. I didn't say TB was inherently good, bad or better than anything else; simply expressed a personal preference — and made the observation that in Owlcat making that decision, it would likely result in a better TB experience than the one in WoTR.

Not directed at you but the general sentiment online that RTwP RPGs are garbage. Reddit and other soicial sites seem to really hate any RPG that isn't Turn-based nowadays.

I didn't quote you personally so that should have clued you in. :biggrin:

Even this site has a few members who subscribe to that school of thought.

Whats even more intriguing is Steam shows that 80% of all new RPGs are TB.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a silly argument to make. There's no way to empirically measure whether TB is better than RTwP or vice versa; it is just a preference. Not to diverge too far off of this thread but that's a big problem in the world these days in general; the idea that my preference - or what I like - inherently makes another position wrong or bad.

Though there can be a case made, I think, where TB or TRwP is more suited to a particular game or design. Take the new Dune 4x. As a 4x, you'd expect that to be TB but it is RTwP - and I'd say that decision actually works well with how that game was designed. It would be a different sort of game if it were TB; not necessarily a worse one, just different.

Back
Top Bottom