C2077 Roleplaying related build guide

Cyberpunk 2077

largh

Keeper of the Watch
I find the perk system in CP2077 confusing as at the first look most perks seem meh. There really doesn't seem to be many cool perks to pursue. Perhaps they are more powerful than it looks from the description. There are some build guides online but these are mostly click-bait-type sites. Let's make a Q&A type build guide here.

Avoid spoilers but naming weapons, mods, cyberware, perks, attributes are allowed. Do not tell where these items are obtained without spoiler tags.

My character has been forced to survive on the streets of Night City. It's not always beautiful: she does whatever necessary to survive but also has some moral standards. She cannot tolerate abuse and gets violent whenever she witnesses it and thinks she has a chance to intervene. Abusers often end up dead in a way or another. Consequently, she is able to use guns and stealth, but also has some technical skills. She is not a netrunner but can do simple hacking to steal some money and bypass security. I read that one should focus on a couple of attributes but at the beginning of the game, I have been forced to drop points to all of them.

1. How high technical ability do I need to open doors later in the game? In the beginning 6 seems to be enough.
2. Is there another way of opening doors? Those gorilla arms seem to do the job but they'd perhaps not fit the character I am roleplaying.
3. What are the OP perks one should consider?
4. Gunplay, at least at the beginning of the game, is bullet sponging the hell out of it (applies to player character and enemies). I see that a certain rocker boy can drop enemies with one well-aimed headshot. Will this happen to the player character later in the game? This might influence my willingness to use blades instead of guns…

Eh…just my 2 cents, but it seems like you're basically asking for spoilers while saying "don't give me spoilers."

My advice is to learn those things yourself as you play. Imo, you'll enjoy the game more that way. XP is pretty easy to earn in this game. Just keep some perk points in reserve. That way you can try things out as you encounter the need for them. Quicksave before trying a new perk if you're not sure about it.

I'm still fairly early in the main quest, but I can already tell that it will be easy to max out most of the skills if you want to. Just do as much side content as you need for the XP.

Forget classic builds.
Everything is unlocked plus you can respec any time at butchers' so pick anything you want.

Keep in mind that the game has a level cap on 50 (both general and street creed) so you can't be Skyrim's master of everything.
Plan attributes accordingly. Don't plan perks ,uch as you get perk shards in the wild and perk points from leveling skills.
do as much side content
+1

Back
Top Bottom