RPGWatch - 15 Years old

Congrats and happy birthday. I was a lurker back in the old RPGdot days, believe it or not my 210 posts since 2009 is a massive amount of posting on my behalf in comparison.

Why do you visit the Watch?
Best PC RPG site hands down with the best people.

What is your favorite thread?
Probably the various game of the year threads. I always find it interesting how one person's masterpiece is another persons pile of crap. Or whatever thread matches the game I'm currently playing or interested in. Or Couchpotato's Random RPG News.

Who do you miss?
Aubrielle

What's your favourite RPG?
Alltime: Gothic, Modern: Witcher 3, NonRPG that is somehow a RPG in my head: Thief

Who do you miss?
There have been quite a few over the years. Special mention to the guy that kept claiming there was a great conspiracy/secret hidden somewhere in Gothic. It was related to the Chromanin quest. However, I've played that game almost as many times as he had, and seen no indication of it, but I still enjoyed the theory, even if it was a bit crazy.

I think you are talking about @Wulf; - he was a great help to us when we were developing the CRPG Analyzer - I miss him, too.

Grats to the Watch! And thanks to Myrthos x2 for all the hard work.

Getting some RPG news. Discussing RPGs. Old habits. I've been around since RPGDot after all.

What is your favourite thread?
There have been many. I tend to stick on topic though, so I usually prefer ones that discuss specific games, features and so on.

Who do you miss?
There have been quite a few over the years. Special mention to the guy that kept claiming there was a great conspiracy/secret hidden somewhere in Gothic. It was related to the Chromanin quest. However, I've played that game almost as many times as he had, and seen no indication of it, but I still enjoyed the theory, even if it was a bit crazy.

Not sure. Probably BG2, Gothic, MM7, ME or TW3.

@Wulf; is the person.

I hesitated a few days before posting, because I was trying to come up with answers to the questions asked. However I fear that I miss something important if I try to answer them. May be later, when I hve more energy to think them through…

For now only my congratulations and many thanks to all the people, who keep RPGWatch vibrant, interesting and friendly! :party2:

I think you are talking about @Wulf; - he was a great help to us when we were developing the CRPG Analyzer - I miss him, too.

@Wulf; is the person.

That's the guy, yes! I think he was also the guy who played big parts of the game with only a pickaxe. Crazy guy, but he knew every rock and tree in that game.

Some of the relevant info on my niche is here. The rest is on RPG Codex.

The threads where interesting debates are being had.

Who do you miss?
I've got nothing.

Baldur's Gates 1 and 2. Fallout 2. Morrowind. Betrayal at Krondor. Quest for Glory 1 & 2. Ultima 6

To help me in my never-ending quest to find my ideal RPG.

Hemp

Who do you miss?
Chien

Hard to pick but Age of Decadence, Dark Sun: Shattered Lands, and Fallout (1) are definitely up there. If we're counting mods then some of the NWN modules would be among my favorite RPGs.

For the RPG news. Also, the Watch is the only place I know of on the Web where you can still find reasonable people. As the world has veered into craziness, the Watch keeps a steady hand on the rudder.

You can often find me rambling in our P&R basement.

Who do you miss?
Eye.

Tough one. Maybe the original BG.

Lurking around rpg-centric news since RPGDot times. Moved here following exactly the events described, and this has been my "first site visit of the day" for exactly 15 years.

Have none.

Who do you miss?
No one, I think.

There's not only one:
Planescape Torment
Baldurs Gate II
Icewind Dale

For the news, and opinions of my favorite game genre.

Last game(s) you bought

Who do you miss?
I'm a profesional lurker, no one.

Gothic 2

Back
Top Bottom