RPGWatch Feature - Aeon of Sands Indie Showcase Interview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Forgottenlor chatted with the developers of Aeons of Sands: The Trail, for the Indie Showcase series of interviews.

RPGWatch: Tell us a little about your background and experience?

Florian is a Software Architect and Software Developer and responsible for technical direction, game-mechanics and programming.

I (Marco) am a draftsman and illustrator by trade and a social narrative artist; I'm responsible for game direction, story, visuals, testing and audio editing.

RPGWatch: How long did it take you to develop your game?

6.5 years, and we're still going, with post-release support.

Concept and engine prototyping from 2012 to 2014, plus six months for the first draft of the game's story (the bulk was more than 80,000 words, and it grew ever since).Then 3 years of production: all the graphics and mechanics, and a lot of testing and polishing.
More information.

By the way thanks to Kordanor for writing the last of our interview questions. Corwin also contributed as many of the Indie forum interview questions as I did, so I wanted to officially thank him as well.

Aeon of Sands has been divisive: who hated it, who loved it.

Is this a RPG? An adventure? A pile of misshapen and stinky clothes from years ago? A simply odd and good game?

Who knows!? Who cares!?

The point is: any frustration you might feel while figuring out what the game is to you, it has now become exactly 37% more affordable and fun!

3yPuNqB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom