RPGWatch Feature - Wildermyth Review

I've been playing around with the game a little during both early access and post release. I wasn't quite as sold on it, although the review does make me want to go back and give it another try.

Regarding the procedural generation, I can see why some don't like it, but it's worth noting that this isn't a dungeon exploration game, it's more of a tactical battles game on an overland map. So the only area where the procedural generation will effect you to any significant degree is that some of the side stories will be random.

I've been on a fence on top of another fence about this game since I discovered it ~1 year ago. After reading your review, I'm going to give it a shot.
Thanks!

They updated to 1.1 in August, 1.2 in September, and 1.3 in late October. Looks like the developers are going strong with it.

I picked it up and sunk in 2 hours with hubby - just finished part 1 of the first campaign. We are loving it so far, that 2 hours went by very quickly! My 2 characters have already mutated in that short time lol

Back
Top Bottom