RPGWatch - Game of the Year Awards 2022: Most Promising RPG - Visitors Vote

Seems all three of my picks made the list so I'm happy. Though I look forward to playing Starfield more then Baldur's Gate 3. I love the tiny blurb you can feel the enthusiasm. :LOL:
Starfield is advertised as "Skyrim in Space" by Bethesda - enough to get many open-world fans excited.
Bet you it outsells BG 3 and goes on to sell 30+ million copies. :whistle:

@HiddenX the rank numbers seem screwy, for example since there's two #4's, the next game (Colony Ship) should be #6.

The next Dragon Age im waiting the most but slim chances for even 2024 release imo.
Stalker and Atomic Hear rpgs? :LOL:

BioWare should be worried if their next DA installment remains this (un)popular with an RPG-specific fanbase. Only other real surprise here is how far down Hogwarts is.
I think it's just that nobody expects a Bioware game to actually be good at this point. If it does end up being good, it'll be popular among this crowd.

Baldur's Gate 3 wins for the third year in a row! :D

Surprised Urban Strife is so far back at #16, especially since our own @Kordanor has championed it quite effectively. At least it's on my strong watch-list now because of him.

Baldur's Gate 3 wins for the third year in a row! :D

Surprised Urban Strife is so far back at #16, especially since our own @Kordanor has championed it quite effectively. At least it's on my strong watch-list now because of him.
But it's really coming out this year :D

Has Starfield ever actually been described as "Skyrim in space" by Bethesda? I doubt it. That's the sort of thing fans say, for every game. Fallout 3 was "Oblivion with guns", according to them. Bethesda never called it that.

Edit: I guess he did, though the quote is provided completely without context in the article I saw. Apparenlty there's a video interview, but I haven't watched it (and it strangely isn't linked in the article)

Surprised to see Hogwarts Legacy so down below...

Rogue Trader screenie look a bit lonely with just 1 lol @HiddenX - can I supply with you an additional (alpha) screenie? ;)

Last edited:
From stuff VD has posted, sounds like Colony Ship is definitely coming out this year.

We'll see. In any case, those two alone should make a record this year.
Based on what I can gather and remember, BG III sold three million in Early Access probably more since then. What matters is how many will buy it after it releases.

As for Bethesda RPGs I can't recall a single RPG that sold as much as each of their games, except for Elden Ring. It helps they release new versions and have mod support.

Now a for BG III it was mentioned the game might get mod tools but not before it launches. So in reality it might never happen like it did with the Original Sin games.

Back
Top Bottom