RPGWatch @ Gamescom - Legend of Keepers Preview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The roguelike Legend of Keepers is a mixture between games like Darkest Dungeon and Dungeon Keeper. Your goal in the game as dungeon keeper, is to prevent the heroes to reach the treasures, by setting traps and throwing monsters at them. The game was shown to me at Gamescom and I penned down what I learned.

The mechanics of the game are split in two parts. First is the dungeon part, where the combat takes place and the second part is an agenda where you have to select tasks you need to accomplish each week. This agenda will allow you to select tasks like, upgrading your monsters, buying new monsters, upgrading traps, sending your monsters out for some plundering, dealing with the heroes or a random event. One of those random events is that you have to deal with an employee strike, where the monsters don't want to work anymore and you have to decide whether you will ignore them or will increase their wages. If you ignore them they will leave and you will have to wait for several weeks before a batch of monsters is available again. Another example that was given was that you are offered meat for a lower price. Accepting that one will save some money, but there is a risk that the meat is not fresh and that your monsters will be suffering from food poisoning after a while, which makes them unable to fight. You can refuse the offer, but if you refuse something offered by the same person too often, he or she will start to dislike you, which might have other negative effects in the game.
More information.

Looks like an interesting mixture of gameplay elements. We'll see if they can make a good dungeon building system and a good combat system. Alsohaving a bad guy as your protagonist is not always easy to pull off.

Back
Top Bottom