RPGWatch - GOTY 2021 - Most Anticipated RPG

Expeditions: Rome has already been released and I can tell everyone - it's a very good game.

Starfield lol, people still trust bethesda
anyway 2022 seems dedicated to AAAs, unlike 2021

Starfield lol, people still trust bethesda

Trust them for what?

I don't know... their last single players crpgs were pretty good. Fallout 4, Skyrim... I'm not sure it's so ridiculous to expect something good with their upcoming ones.

Really Baldur's Gate III once again? Maybe in a few more years probably 2025.:rolleyes:

Anyway bring on the big budget RPGs as that has been a literal drought for years.

61i9ix.jpg

I haven't touched BGIII, but seems a lot of people have spent meaningful time playing the early access game. If things were shaping up for it to be a legendary game, wouldn't we be hearing more people talking about how legendary it is shaping up to be? Is anyone saying that?

I don't know enough about Starfield right now to be convinced Bethesda is going to knock it out of the park. Colony Ship seems more compelling as a sci-fi RPG. BGIII looks intriguing, but I'll wait until it's finished and polished up.

More people need to be anticipating Knights of the Chalice two!!~

In any case, we've got some great games upcoming for all to enjoy, hopefully later this year or early next.

I haven't touched BGIII, but seems a lot of people have spent meaningful time playing the early access game. If things were shaping up for it to be a legendary game, wouldn't we be hearing more people talking about how legendary it is shaping up to be? Is anyone saying that?

Legends are born once memories grow sweeter with time. If you look at the BG3 subforum, you'll notice that many Watchers liked the game. One cannot stay hyped forever and most seem to have moved to other games while waiting for Larian to finish the game. Whenever that is. Most likely not this year.

More people need to be anticipating Knights of the Chalice two!!~

In any case, we've got some great games upcoming for all to enjoy, hopefully later this year or early next.

KotC2 is on my radar but definitely not in my top three. While a turn-based tactical RPG with 3.5e rules appeals to me, from what I gather the main campaign is pretty much just a series of combat encounters with little story, exploration, questing, etc. So the official content probably wouldn't hold my interest for long as I've already got ToEE for great 3.5e battles.

However, since the game is shipping with a toolset I may be interested in getting it as someone could end up making something I'm more likely to enjoy. If it's user friendly I may even try my hand at making something with it.

While graphics aren't that important to me, I do find the token thing rather off-putting (but IIRC they announced an option to have sprites instead?)

What I saw with Kotc2 a year or two ago was not great enough to make me anticipate the game much. To the contrary, I almost regretted participating to the kickstarter.

KotC2 is on my radar but definitely not in my top three. While a turn-based tactical RPG with 3.5e rules appeals to me, from what I gather the main campaign is pretty much just a series of combat encounters with little story, exploration, questing, etc. So the official content probably wouldn't hold my interest for long as I've already got ToEE for great 3.5e battles.

However, since the game is shipping with a toolset I may be interested in getting it as someone could end up making something I'm more likely to enjoy. If it's user friendly I may even try my hand at making something with it.

While graphics aren't that important to me, I do find the token thing rather off-putting (but IIRC they announced an option to have sprites instead?)
Check out this video from a few weeks ago of someone playing the official campaign in sprites mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBKJ7kLDXGk

The graphics look fine to me now (no sign of the token stupidity)...and while I'm sure it's combat-focused, it doesn't just look like a series of combat encounters either.

Back
Top Bottom