RPGWatch GotY 2022 - Pre-Selection

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I've pre-selected the following games for the RPGWatch GotY 2022 poll - if you're missing a game please comment.

1428: Shadows over Silesia
Asterigos: Curse of the Stars
ASTLIBRA Revision
Batora: Lost Haven
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness
BLACKTAIL
Brigandine The Legend of Runersia
Chained Echoes
Citizen Sleeper
Demeo: PC Edition
Dungeon Munchies
Dying Light 2
Eden's Last Sunrise
Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising
Elden Ring
ELEX II
Expeditions: Rome
Fabled Lands
Far Away From Home
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
God of War
Gordian Quest
Grim Quest - Old School RPG
Hard West 2
HARVESTELLA
Hero's Hour
King Arthur: Knight's Tale
Knights of the Chalice II
Kynseed
Live by the Sword: Tactics
Lost Eidolons
Marvel's Midnight Suns
Monster Hunter Rise
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
NEO: The World Ends with You
Nobody Saves the World
Pentiment
Persona 5 Royal
Potato Flowers in Full Bloom
Queen's Wish 2: The Tormentor
Rise of the Third Power
Roadwarden
Rogue Legacy 2
RPG Time: The Legend of Wright
Rune Factory 5
Sea Horizon
Shadows Over Loathing
Sir Whoopass™: Immortal Death
Steelrising
Sunday Gold
Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga
Tactics Ogre: Reborn
Telepath Tactics Liberated
The Caligula Effect 2
The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero
This Way Madness Lies
Thymesia
Tinyfolks
TRIANGLE STRATEGY
Tyrant's Blessing
Vanaris Tactics
Vestaria Saga II: The Sacred Sword of Silvanister
Warsim: The Realm of Aslona
Weird West

Last edited:
Only played 5 from that list :LOL:
edit you missed The Last Oricru, Alaloth, Dolmen, AChilles Legends, Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters

Alaloth - still in Early Access
The Last Oricru - too bad
Dolmen - too bad
Achilles: Legends Untold - still in Early Access
Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters - too bad

I deleted all games with a mixed or worse Steam rating from our release list to get a smaller list. I also deleted all games with zero interest in newsbits on RPGWatch.

Shadows Over Loathing should probably be on the list, I feel sure someone will have played and enjoyed it.

Wow I've only played 2 games on the list and they weren't GOTY material for me, so I'll have to abstain this year.

Like I say every year, voting for games you haven't played yet but that made it onto your priority backlog are worth a vote as it at least helps promote the kind of game you want to see, even if you end up not liking it down the road.

Similarly, unless the two games you played were literal shitshows, they should get your vote because, again, it's still promoting the kind of games you like to pick up and try.

Woo hoo! I actually played one of the games on the list!

Did you play and enjoy other 2022 releases that are missing?
You actually motivated me to look back through the entire list of 160+ games. I see that I played a number of games from 2020 or 2021. I also replayed a number of games that I really liked, but had only gotten 1 playthrough, like Elminage Gothic, Battletech and Pillars of Eternity 2 rather than buy and play newer games. In addition to the 2 games I played from 2022, I have 2 more unplayed in my library, and another dozen on my wishlist.

Like I say every year, voting for games you haven't played yet but that made it onto your priority backlog are worth a vote as it at least helps promote the kind of game you want to see, even if you end up not liking it down the road.

Similarly, unless the two games you played were literal shitshows, they should get your vote because, again, it's still promoting the kind of games you like to pick up and try.
That's an interesting perspective. I won't vote for a game I only find mildly entertaining. I don't feel they are deserving of a place on the list. As far as games I haven't played, I understand where you are coming from but there are a dozen or more games I'd like to play from the list and ranking 3 in some random order seems too arbitrary for me.

I have played 4 of them and finished 3 of those. At least I recognize many of them this year - mostly thanks to the RPGWatch news bits and discussions as otherwise I wouldn't know squat about most on the list. I really do learn a ton about games here.

Already know my GOTY is Midnight Suns.

I played two on the list, namely Elden Ring and Elex II and they will be my number 1 and 2...

I wouldn't vote for it (I have no idea how much fun I'll have in it) so maybe not on the list, but I think it should at least be in the database.

The Last Oricru is missing but I doubt many have played it.

From this list i played Elden Ring and Elex 2 dut didn't like either in the end. So i will not be voting.

Back
Top Bottom