RPGWatch - Official Game of the Decade Voting

278 posts in this thread. I'm sure we have also (at least) 278 voters then. Right. right?

Not right. There are members who posted more than once here.

278 posts in this thread. I'm sure we have also (at least) 278 voters then. Right. right?
Sure. So my voice counts hm… 7 times? ;)
(Haven’t checked the actual amount of posts though, that’s lackblogger’s job I think ;) )

As stated in the OP and throughout, I shan't be monitoring the thread ;)

Voted! I didn't think it too much, but it was pretty easy to pick up those those rpg games I've enjoyed playing most. :)

It will be quite intresting to see the results!

Hard choice. I loved Drakensang RoT, Skyrim, and Pathfiinder. I had to go with M&M X though. I was obsessed...

The last day of voting is getting nearer, after which a conclusion is made and results become available.

Then the fun part starts and we get to jump (virtually) on lackblogger because whatever algorithm he used didn't result in a list that matches the one we sent him :)

mr-smith.gif

anigif_sub-buzz-4100-1509403519-2.gif

omgwtf.gif

My list. PM sent.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Pillars of Eternity 2
Xenoblade Chronicles
Dark Souls
Shin Megami Tensei IV

That's a nice interesting vote there Andrew.

You'd be amazed how many people are including some very popular games but also a game or two that has barely any popularity at all in the stakes of a GOTD.

From a psychology PoV I think this explains a lot how so many heated debates can occur even in communities that, in the main, generally tend to agree on most things and have generally a very homogenous taste.

How all of us can have moments where we feel isolated and alone even within our own community because suddenly one day we reveal to the world a great love for something that no-one else gives a shit about, and that naturally makes us feel odd in some way.

How can my taste be so different to yours? I thought I was fairly normal? Wait, it's not me, it's everyone else, they're all bonkers! And the scepticism finds an avenue to creep in, a tear in the fabric of our sense of community that makes us realise that, my God, They're All Assholes!

Even if it's just for those odd threads where Your Game is being ignored/shat on/fake newsed etc etc.

Having said all this, I am very happy to report that some games I wasn't expecting any votes for have indeed... not got any votes...

YET! :D

That's a nice interesting vote there Andrew.

I know! Im also surprised that PoE2 made it to the list. ;)

Unbelievable how TB mode managed to redeem it and how big difference it played at the end - in my eyes.

As for the other choices, Im sure everybody would love them ... If they played them :D

No, really, about 5th spot I had to think quite for a while before choosing SMT, but Xenoblade was no-brainer for me. If I had to choose only one game, it would be really hard fight between X and P:K.

Nah, the roll-call at the end of last week's run generated a relatively pitiful response with only 9 of the 60-odd alerted posters sending in a list and a total of 2 unexpected new voters, taking the current vote stack to grand total of 72 ballots.

I'll re-alert all the others again tomorrow as that'll mark one week left.

Then I'll do a final alert run when there's just a day or two left.

Ill be posting and PM-ing my selections tonight or tomorrow.

I definitely don’t want to not be heard in a decade defining decision such as RPGWatch GOTD. :)

Sorry to be so late but I work better under pressure. I have my list but I pretty much picked it based on play time. Despite technology advance, I humbly believe there were better games released the 2 decades before. I lost years of time to Warcraft and Everquest, the Neverwinters, Baldurs Gates, etc. Maybe I just got old and stopped playing as much.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Empyrion-Galactic Survival
Conan Exile
Dragon Age:Inquisition
Drakensang: The River of Time
Dead Island
Homefront the Revolution
Lord of the Rings:War in The North
Might and Magic X the Legacy
Tomb Raider

This is about the time that I start wondering when is it midnight in Tonga, so I looked and apparently the voting closes in a bit more than 19 hours from now.
That is at noon CET, 11AM GMT, 6 AM EST and 3 AM PST on February the 28th.

This is about the time that I start wondering when is it midnight in Tonga, so I looked and apparently the voting closes in a bit more than 19 hours from now.
That is at noon CET, 11AM GMT, 6 AM EST and 3 AM PST on February the 28th.

You know its a Leap Year, right?

Sorry to be so late but I work better under pressure. I have my list but I pretty much picked it based on play time. Despite technology advance, I humbly believe there were better games released the 2 decades before. I lost years of time to Warcraft and Everquest, the Neverwinters, Baldurs Gates, etc. Maybe I just got old and stopped playing as much.

I've been thinking about the same thing. Should we do something about game of the decade for 1970's-2000's?

Also, for the first three years of this decade we also did an Indie Game of the Year. What's our Indy Game of the Decade?

Wait… The deadline is 28th not 29th?
Ouch. I might not be able to finish browsing through all 800+ titles… :)
What's our Indy Game of the Decade?
Grimoire.
Also known as Cleveland Mark Blakemore's Magnum Opus.

You really don't need to go through all those games. Just think of which games you had most fun playing and vote them. Just think about those fun gaming moments you have had over the years. Go with your gut! :)

I've been thinking about the same thing. Should we do something about game of the decade for 1970's-2000's?

That's a really good idea. I wonder if they did something like that on the old site? I certainly don't remember if they did.

First off, I’m not trying to figure out what game was Objectively the best. Not examining mechanics, story, dialogue, combat, etc. Just looking for the one I enjoyed the most. Only criteria, It has to be a game I completed or played at least 60 hours.

So here’s the list:

Dark souls 1
Dark souls 2
Dark souls 3
Bloodbourne
Sekiro
Lords of the fallen
Nioh
Witcher 2
Witcher 3
Dragon age 2
Blackguards
Skyrim
Pillars of eternity
Dues Ex: HR
Dragons Dogma
LOTR : War in the north
Legend of grimlock
D&D Daggerdale
The first Templar
Mars war logs
Divinity: Original Sin
Middle earth: Shadows of Mordor
Madden- Every year

That’s right in a full decade I only completed or logged 60+ hours in 23 games. I guess that wouldn’t include games released before 2010 though, but still a lot less than I would have guessed.

It come down to 3 games,

Dark souls 1
Dark souls 3
Skyrim

Of those 3 I have to go with Dark Souls 1. Not only did it have great combat, exploration, character building and progression, weapon moves sets, many many secrets to find and atmosphere It was new and fresh when it came out. No one else made a game like it. On top of that it was my introduction to this type of game and I’ve gotten thousands of hours of enjoyment out of sequels and souls like games.

So that’s my list and GOTD, it’s now up to lackblogger to decide how to use my input.
@lackblogger;, please let me know you got my PM.

That would be a vote for the best CRPG ever?

Also, for the first three years of this decade we also did an Indie Game of the Year. What's our Indy Game of the Decade?
That is correct, but the lines between being an indie or not were blurring and we did have discussions about when someone or an organization was an indie or not, resulting in the category not existing anymore.

Back
Top Bottom