RPGWatch - The End has been Delayed

Yep, been a pretty dry period for major news lately.

Need @lackblogger; to write another review of a game, that'll get things moving. :lol:

I'm tempted to play the new Solasta campaign, but I'm not in an RPG mood at the moment. And since no-one's reviewed that yet, I'd probably do a review of it. As it stands that might not be until the autumn though.

I'm tempted to play the new Solasta campaign, but I'm not in an RPG mood at the moment. And since no-one's reviewed that yet, I'd probably do a review of it. As it stands that might not be until the autumn though.
Nice, personally I've been trying to decide whether to play Solasta or ATOM Trudograd next.

Such wonderful news. I had been vising the site out of muscle memory/habit during the end period, wasn't sure what I'd do, where to go. The value and importance of this site should not be under rated. It really does mean a lot to many people, and is truly appreciated.

The 'End is Nigh' announcement for RPGWatch turned out to be somewhat premature. It was the plan when I posted it two weeks ago, but in the meantime I had several discussions with a third party and the RPGWatch team on the future of RPGWatch.

It has been decided that in July, RPGWatch will move to Sorcerer's Place. This means that the site as you know it, will still be available after July, but hosted by Sorcerer's Place and it's owner, Taluntain, will become the new owner of RPGWatch.

Most of the RPGWatch team will remain, but I will no longer be a part of that team and have no involvement in the operational side of RPGWatch. In case you are wondering, there has been no exchange of money to make this happen. This only happens, because I learned how much RPGWatch will be missed and after discussion with the team, this was deemed the most viable option for you to still be able to visit RPGWatch with its current functionality.

There will be some changes, like ads being introduced again to pay for the servers (which you can donate money for to not see them). And there will be a move to Xenforo for our forums. I will work with Taluntain to get this done before the end of July, or shortly after that.
Whatever happens after that to RPGWatch is to be decided by the new owner, together with the RPGWatch team.

This means that for the foreseeable future the RPGWatch team will still be able to provide you with the latest RPG news.
If you have any interest in helping the RPGWatch team in this new chapter, as news poster or moderator, there are opportunities to do so.

I hope this is good news!

More information.
Yes! This is good news.

I'm so glad to hear this! I was coming to the site each day since the original post thinking about how much I'm going to miss all this soon. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Glad to see the Watch was just on life support and not dead and should make a full recovery. :)

The reports of the Watch's death had been greatly exaggerated.

Thanks for not letting this site die @Myrthos; and for all the hard work you have put into it. This is one of the few sites I have been visiting weekly over the last several years even though I haven't been very active on the forums.

Thank you to Myrthos and everyone involved in delaying The End. May it be a very, very long delay.

"The End has Been Delayed" is not a sticky thread anymore.

Now I just don't know if "The End Is Still Nigh" or if "The End Has Actually Been Delayed"

It just isn't news anymore :)

Back
Top Bottom