RPGWatch - The End is Nigh

Regarding other places, I really don't like discord personally.

I dont want to get into a debate here regarding the other things I disagree with, but regarding discord: you don't need a client for that. You can just use it in a browser.

Damn it, my personal goal of beating in the next 12 months JDR13's total of posts went sour. :p

Well, that's a shame :( I'm very sorry to hear this , Myrthos - both your sentiment and the cliff the site is heading towards. I can certainly relate to your change of heart; I myself am pretty apathetic towards gaming these days. All things do indeed change.

Thank you for creating and running this site all these years. It has been a constant in both gaming news and simply hanging out with old, like-minded grognards. I hope that you and Miss Myrthos enjoy your new hobbies!

Although this is really sad news, I want to express Myrthos and the team my sincere thanks for keeping the Watch over two decades. Thank you for creating this place for rpgs fans. It has been a pleasure to be part of this community.

I only hope this community continues in some form though. Either someone who Myrthos trusts takes the reigns of rpgwatch (with Myrthos blessing) or maybe launch a new site.

That new place should have a proper discussion forum. I'm not a fan of reddit. I prefer this old fashioned forum experience. :)

Eventhough my feelings about RPGWatch are no longer the same, I am proud of everything we did and have accomplished in the past years and I really want to thank all of you for being with us.

I'm sorry for bringing this bad news to you.More information.

As long as you promise me you'll stay in touch. :heart:

That goes for a lot of you. Find me on Twitter at @cassieyorke87. I've made so many amazing friendships here and the thought of everyone just vanishing makes me sad. :( Please don't disappear on me!

Last edited:
I'm gonna miss this place :(

If people are happy with the Watch as it currently stands, and Myrthos can find someone they trust...

a) Move everything to being hosted by Sorcerer's Place. (Free hosting)
b) Give the keys to someone you like.
c) Done.

Not much I can add that's not already been said. Life will never be the same without my daily binge of RPG watch.
What ever you decide, Thank-you and good luck for the future.

I'm genuinely sad that RPGwatch is ending but I can understand Myrthos reasons.

It's a true achievement to have created such a unique forum and resource. I wish Myrthos every happiness.

I'll be following the news on our possible relocation.

Thank you Myrthos for keeping this place going and making it as wonderful as it was/is.
It was a special time at a special place and so many characters here!

But, all things are temporary and best wishes to you in whatever you do.

It has always been about the community of people, and this site fostered a wonderful community. To offset the headaches and likely sense of loss, Myrthos, you'll always be able to point to the "house" you built. While you've had help over the years, at the end of the day, it's always been your "house" and it's certainly one to be very proud of.

Thank you for all the hard work Myrthos. RPGWatch has brought a lot of joy to many and will be sorely missed. I do hope something rises from the ashes... even if it won't be the same.

sad news indeed. following you since 2009, every single day.
can you tell us more about why you gonna stop? (age?, family?)

I think it's time to save the better discussions from here on the own PC; the most memorable ones at least.

Uh, when I think of how much stuff I've written here over these more-than-10-years ...

Plus, this site has in its Gallery some screenshots which can hardly be found elsewhere (like, for example, my screenshots from that Tabula Rasa MMO).

So, this site has become some kind of Archive in RPG gaming Archaeology, too ...

This has been my favourite RPG site (maybe favourite gaming site?) since the beginning. Like many others I migrated here from rpgdot.

I don't post much, but Myrthos has done an amazing job over the years, and I know that running something like this takes a lot of (rarely appreciated) time, effort and HASSLE. The fact that the site has run almost non-stop for its lifetime, with minimal downtime, and complete history (and even rpgdot!) is a marvel.

Not only has Myrthos done it all, but he's never gone on a funding drive in the way that most other sites do. Sure, there's the option to help out, but compare that to the blatant money grabs on many sites (even ones that already have advert funding), and RPGwatch has stood tall as a a source of news, reviews and (for the most part!) insightful chat. :)

Thanks everyone!

Another long-time lurker here, have been enjoying this site and RPGdot for ages, while mostly staying out of discussions (both here, and on the internet in general).

Just wanted to say thank you!

In the gaming / news industry this is how you bleed. We did the best gaming news website in Hungary for 15 years: Hardwired.hu 1999-2014. R.I.P.!
Happened with Valve and Blizzard too. Developers changed Life-Track and went Beer Brewing. Remember? :) Same happening in the UFC. You bleed your soul out and have nothing more to give.

Don't worry: younger ones will re-start this site under a different name and reporting of RPG news will go on. :D As it happened with our famously best gaming news site in our country. Our fans simply could NOT take it that we - who created a Cult Classic - have been gone. So they re-created it:
REWIRED.HU
:D Find anything similar between the archived version and this new one? :D :D

In the gaming / news industry this is how you bleed. We did the best gaming news website in Hungary for 15 years: Hardwired.hu 1999-2014. R.I.P.!
Happened with Valve and Blizzard too. Developers changed Life-Track and went Beer Brewing. Remember? :) Same happening in the UFC. You bleed your soul out and have nothing more to give.

Don't worry: younger ones will re-start this site under a different name and reporting of RPG news will go on. :D As it happened with our famously best gaming news site in our country. Our fans simply could NOT take it that we - who created a Cult Classic - have been gone. So they re-created it:
REWIRED.HU
:D Find anything similar between the archived version and this new one? :D :D

Damn you, mercy! RPGWatch is about to go BOOM and we'll never know the name of the game you've been working on! Could you consider this like a dying man's last wish?

Back
Top Bottom