RPGWatch - The End is Nigh

Thanks to Myrthos and all those who have helped keep this site running! I've been following since the Dot days and here's hoping something rises from the ashes of this!

Sad news! I only recently became active again after getting my life more or less back together again after starting a company and going through a nasty divorce. Was really looking forward to getting caught up with old friends here and making some new ones!

I would just say to people who are really bummed out by this news - don't be. One way or another this will be sorted out, and I suspect sooner rather than later. The Watch, or some evolution of it, will continue.

Nice to see you, regardless. It's a bit jarring not to see the familiar pooch, though. ;)

Nice to see you, regardless. It's a bit jarring not to see the familiar pooch, though. ;)

Thanks, and this is why the old place must continue.

The pooch will hopefully return, but I've been a bit preoccupied lately with the whole fascist invasion business, and I've seen to it that there's a whole lot of blue and yellow around. ;)

First off, Thanks to Myrthos and others for keeping the site going as long as you did.

This is sad news indeed. I visited RPGDot daily and then the watch daily until registering and at my peak visiting several times an hour to participate in discussions. Even when I got burned out and closed my account for a while I visited daily to check news and occasionally forums.

So it would not be an exaggeration to say that the watch has become part of my life. It will probably totally sink in when I get up one day grab my Ipad and hit the RPGWatch link as I’ve done for the past how many ever years and instead of seeing the news getting a 404. It really is a bit like a friend passing away.

I have no experience in web design or anything like that but I do have a buck or two and a huge interest is seeing the Watch continue. so If core trusted Watchers try to continue the watch in one way or another I will help in what ever capacity I can.

If this is the end I will miss the watch and it’s community of members and wish you all well.

This is a shame. Most people here don't know me as I'm not a super social person online, but I've been coming to this site since it first started under more accounts than I can remember because I rarely log in or post. I can't believe it's been 22 years. I've recently gone through a lot of changes in my life and I'm guessing I'm around your age so I understand how a time can come where you just want to go in a different direction in life. I do hope someone picks up the reigns or starts a new site, but if not thanks for everything. RPG's are my favorite genre and this has been my go to site for news on them since I was in college. Take care and best of luck with charting that new path.

Hi. Long-time lurker surfaces, nervously, to say a huge thank-you to Myrthos and his teams for keeping this site at the top of my bookmarks for so many years.
The site has guided me to (and through) so many great games.
If there is any possibility of the Watch surviving in some form I would happily pay a subscription, joining fee or whatever it took.
To all the posters who make this an oasis of intelligence and civility, a belated hello but not, hopefully, a premature goodbye.

First off, Thanks to Myrthos and others for keeping the site going as long as you did.

This is sad news indeed. I visited RPGDot daily and then the watch daily until registering and at my peak visiting several times an hour to participate in discussions. Even when I got burned out and closed my account for a while I visited daily to check news and occasionally forums.

So it would not be an exaggeration to say that the watch has become part of my life. It will probably totally sink in when I get up one day grab my Ipad and hit the RPGWatch link as I’ve done for the past how many ever years and instead of seeing the news getting a 404. It really is a bit like a friend passing away.

I have no experience in web design or anything like that but I do have a buck or two and a huge interest is seeing the Watch continue. so If core trusted Watchers try to continue the watch in one way or another I will help in what ever capacity I can.

If this is the end I will miss the watch and it’s community of members and wish you all well.

I saw your name and your post count of 85 and thought something isn't right here. I've known sakichop for ages, but after your explanation of closing down the account it makes sense :D

This is sad, as I've been around here since rpgdot days. This has always been the best and friendly place to get RPG news. It will be missed and Mythros has done so much for this site. Thanks for all you guys have done!! Hopefully the reigns can be passed to someone you trust and then you can just visit :) Never dreamed it would go away 😭

Welcome back...it saddens me to see so many here that I will miss if this goes away....I have been here a long time.

Damn, I feel like my heart just got kicked in the nuts.

But at least if the site is here until July that still gives us time to see 5 or 6 more temporary Dart accounts.

@daveyd;.... you did just receive a kick but the heart does not have nuts. It has cockles. And you just took a kick to the cockles!

I am just another one of many to pipe up and say, this site (and its predecessor) has been a near daily part of my life for 2 decades. I've been more of the lurker type, but this has been one of the stable bedrock sites I've always known was here for me.

That being said, there are some who are saying the site will continue in one form or another. I hope that is the case, but it also reminds me that we too often let things go unsaid until it's too late. So just let me say now while I have a chance: thank you so much for this site. I appreciate what you have done for all of us RPG fans.

Anyone seen @skavenhorde;? Perhaps someone misplaced his cage.

Bummer

RPG Watch is the homepage on all of my devices. I've been coming here ever day for years. This is the first time I created an account. Only to say I am bummed and will miss this site. Hopefully you can find someone to pass the reigns to. Thanks for all the years though. I have purchased and played many games because of this site.

The pooch will hopefully return, but I've been a bit preoccupied lately with the whole fascist invasion business...
Pooches can wear scarves!

Honestly, I won't know what to do when The Watch is gone. I open it up on a daily basis, and look into it.

Without it, my life will be with much less fun.
There'll be something missing, that's for sure.

Very sad news indeed, this website had been pretty much my sole source of daily news for the past 8 years. It will be missed, thanks for everything.
I also hope some people will take over and keep it going. Rpg Codex will be the next best thing I suppose, but it's not as good for sure.

Back
Top Bottom