RPGWatch - The End is Nigh

I have been around since the RPGDot days, although not one of the more active or vocal people. Nevertheless, really sad to hear about the end, although as others said it does not come as a surprise.

Thanks for all the efforts to the admin team and to all that've been a part if this. See you in the webs

I selfishly hope this can somehow be kept going as it's one of the very few sites I've ever visited regularly. Most of the internet is a sea of corporate or otherwise suck these days. I'm content with simple news and the occasional discussion. I appreciate the site even if it has felt a little less lively for a while. I get a lot of my gaming news from this site since the corporate sites are intolerable.

But I get it. Life changes. Life is short and you have to take care of yourself and try to be happy.

Thanks and thanks to all for many years of excellent reading!

I've also been around since the old Dot days, and I'd be very sad to see the watch sail into the sunset. My great appreciation goes to those who have kept the project going over the years - I can imagine it was pretty trying at times (we can be a fractious lot). I hope that if the reins can be passed, that someone with the right skills will step forth. If not, well, I will cherish the time I spent here (instead of working) and the RPG news world will be the poorer for it.

I've been a reader since the RPGDot days. I have visited this site nearly every day for years and years and will be very sad if it does go. Its lovely to still have a site that genuinely still feels like it run by fans for fans, rather than the corperateness most other sites seem to have now embraced. I hope the reigns can be handed over...

@rune_74;, I can't add you. I can send a friend request but I tried in the past and your user id on steam must be slightly different.

Sad news indeed. This will create a void in my rpg experience. I aswell hope for a continuation of some sort....

Thank you very much for these awesome years. It's one of the only websites I have been consistently visiting. The community is the best, and we always managed to keep the interactions relatively polite.

All my gratitute and best wishes. Here's hoping it goes on in some fashion.

@rune_74;, I can't add you. I can send a friend request but I tried in the past and your user id on steam must be slightly different.

My steam id is 76561198016994166

Sad times indeed. Damnit, I thought I might be able to get to 1000 posts. Oh well. This has been my favourite site for a lot of years and it's brought me much entertainment and enlightenment. I hope it can continue in some shape or form.

I notice The End is Nigh thread has become unstickied. Is it perhaps a bit less nigh?

I notice The End is Nigh thread has become unstickied. Is it perhaps a bit less nigh?

Maybe Myrthos decided to postpone his departure until the New Year, who knows! We can only hope so!

It was on the top of the RSS feed until yesterday, so yes, it was pretty much sticky there, at least. Perhaps this is a hopeful sign, perhaps just maintenance, who knows. When there are any news, someone will post them.

It was on the top of the RSS feed until yesterday, so yes, it was pretty much sticky there, at least. Perhaps this is a hopeful sign, perhaps just maintenance, who knows. When there are any news, someone will post them.

I don't know what the RSS feed is I'm afraid, I was just talking about this thread in the News Comments section. I guess it must be a case of cross-wires.

I don't know what the RSS feed is I'm afraid, I was just talking about this thread in the News Comments section. I guess it must be a case of cross-wires.
It was "stickied" (always at the top) as far as the news posts you see when you go to rpgwatch.com - I assume that's what he means by the RSS feed.

I think that must be the explanation. He must have been horrified by our ideas in the other thread and decided he better stay a little longer :lol:

That's the idea: "If we don't do something quick, that bloody dog might get it!" :p

But yeah, this thread was pinned to the top of the news section on the front page. Now it isn't.

That's the idea: "If we don't do something quick, that bloody dog might get it!" :p

But yeah, this thread was pinned to the top of the news section on the front page. Now it isn't.

It was a "breaking news", so it always appears at the very top of all news, and as a sticky in the forums maybe. Either it's a time-limited feature or it was removed for some reason ... (suspense) :)

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom