Ruined King - Review @ But Why Tho

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
But Why Tho thinks Ruined King: A League of Legends Story is a GotY contender:

REVIEW: Ruined King: A League of Legends Story is a GOTY Contender

Ruined King: A League of Legends Story is a turn-based RPG based in the League of Legends' world of Runeterra. It is published by Riot Forge and is developed by Airship Syndicate. The Black Mists are returning. This haunting phenomenon periodically creeps across the water from the Shadow Isles to lay siege to the people of Bilgewater Bay. But this time, it seems the controller of the Black Mists has their eye set on more than just Bilgewater. This time, the whole of Runeterra is in danger. Can six unlikely allies manage to come together to stop this threat to their world?

[...]

TL;DR

Ruined King: A League of Legends Story blends wonderful characters and a fascinating world with some of the finest turn-based gameplay I've ever experienced. Despite a few stumbles, this is a package that anyone who loves this genre should check out. While I still have to give it some more thought, this game is most likely going to end up being my game of the year.

Score: 9.5/10
More information.

Let us know what you think... I've watched a couple gameplay videos and it looks like it might be a pretty good game (this coming from someone who knows nothing about LoL).

Does this still have the randomised dungeon stuff of Battle Chasers? I enjoyed the pre-crafted chunks of BattleChasers but ultimately gave up due to the randomisation stuff. I just really hate anything procedural/random and sadly it got in the way of my enjoyment of BattleChasers.

If this game does away with that, it would please me a lot :)

Yeah, overall in some ways I believe I enjoyed the overworld parts of Battle Chasers more than I did most of the underworld environments. Still, it's a solid game in my book, well worth checking out.

Eh? It looks ok if you're into that style I guess, but GotY?

The author is obviously a huge fan of anime though. The vast majority of his reviews on that site seem to be anime shows/movies/games.

Back
Top Bottom