Rumour: Dead Island 2 to Be Re-Revealed in 2022

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Looks like Dead Island 2 isn't dead in the water yet, and was rebooted. - Pushsquare
Sources with knowledge of the plans surrounding Dead Island 2 have said that the game is likely to be re-revealed later this year. Although an exact reveal date of Dead Island 2 was not provided, the same source had said that the reveal at The Game Awards later this year would “make a lot of sense”.

It’s understood that the next installment will have a big focus on cooperative play, with several play sessions at Dambuster focusing on the feature. In addition, it’s also been suggested that the cast is completely new with 5-6 new characters coming to the game.

Since my original report on my YouTube channel, several new sources have since reached out to back the claims that the game is in a decent state of development. One source, who had played the game said that “it’s probably my most anticipated game after playing it”. Sources had also backed the report that Dead Island 2 takes place across several different locations including Hollywood and San Francisco.

Following this original report, Deep Silver and parent company Embrace Group had said in a financial call that they “at least expect the release… next financial year”. As the comments were made before the end of that fiscal year, it would imply that Dead Island 2 is scheduled to release by March 31st, 2023.

There have been two Dead Islands already, plus two Dying Lights by the samd devs. It's hilarious to me that "Dead Island 2" is even a thing.

Technically one Dead Island and one expansion game. Anyway it's a long tale of woe and back stabbing as Techland lost the rights and moved onto Dying Light instead.

Is "expansion game" a fancier name for sequel? Because that's what all number twos are: sequels. If you don't need the original game to play it, it's not an expansion.

There have been two Dead Islands already, plus two Dying Lights by the samd devs. It's hilarious to me that "Dead Island 2" is even a thing.
Not the same devs though unfortunately which is why I have little interest in this despite enjoying the first game.

According to Amazon Dead Island will be released on February 3, 2023.
The game will hit PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5.
The action will be set in Los Angeles, where most of the population will be infected with a virus that transforms people into zombies.
There will be six playable characters to choose from. Each of them will have a unique personality and separate dialogue lines.
The game will feature an extensive progression system enabling us to unlock a ton of different skills. At any time, we will be able to reset the choices we have made and reallocate the collected points.
Dead Island 2 will have ys face dozens of types of zombies. Each of them are to have on unique attacks and mutations. On top of that, numerous clothing variants appear within a single species of zombies.

It sounds good in writing, but I'm still skeptical since it's not from Techland. I'm also a little doubtful about that release date given the fact that we're almost in September and haven't even seen footage yet.

The game will feature an extensive progression system enabling us to unlock a ton of different skills. At any time, we will be able to reset the choices we have made and reallocate the collected points.
That's lame. I don't understand why free respeccing has become as popular as it has. Are modern gamers unable to cope with C&C in regards to their character builds?

Ha so that rumor was correct. Sounds like another Co-op story mess. As for Techland not being the developer doesn't matter as Dying Light 2 was damn disappointing.

Dying light 2 isn't bad. It's just a little too different from Dying Light for a lot of fans, and it takes a considerable investment to get to the best parts which I'm guessing a lot of players never reached.

Well the only positive point of the game was Techland vastly improved the parkour.

I found the writing and quests overall to be mediocre to the point that I hated all the factions and NPC's. The damn ending was another letdown as well like the first game.

The loss of firearms also put a damper to my enthusiasm. At least the game has bows and arrows. Bottom-line the game was disappointing and nothing like the early trailers.

You mean the game was disappointing to you.

I was disappointed too at first, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit now. It has more role-playing elements than the first game, and the exploration is better. The only aspects that are still a letdown to me are the animations, which I feel could have been better, and the physics (i.e. ragdoll effects, etc.) which are definitely inferior compared to the first game.

Overall, I still like Dying Light and The Following more, but DL2 is probably my GotY so far. Granted, 2022 has been a weak year.

Yes me personally and quite a few others if you read reddit and steam.

Techland really has the worst writers in the business. Seems all of their games have terrible writing, unsatisfying endings, and boring lead characters. Reviews seems to mixed as well.

I agree it has more RPG elements but that doesn't save the game.

If I have to choose as well the first game and expansion was better.

I thought that Chris Avellone was involved in writing some stories in Dying Light 2, and remember they made a showcase about it but it all news about this died down.

I thought that Chris Avellone was involved in writing some stories in Dying Light 2, and remember they made a showcase about it but it all news about this died down.
Techland scrapped all of Chris Avellone's work becuse of the sexual allegations against him on Twitter two years ago. Last I heard the case was being taken to court for slander.

If anyone is interested, Dead Island 1 is currently on a flash sale at Steam for the next 48 hours. It's 80% off and so is the bundle that includes all the Dead Island games.

I can't say that makes me want to preorder it.

I'll probably check it out at some point. My expectations are low so I doubt I'll be overly disappointed.

I agree multiple reboots and stalled development don't get me excited as well for this game. Even with my nitpicks of Dying Light 2 Stay Human it looks far superior to this.

Back
Top Bottom