Rumour: Dead Island 2 to Be Re-Revealed in 2022

Well, it's not the same developer, so...
Never said it was I was just comparing the genre and Techland's past versions

Dead Island 2 looks to be inspired by Dead Rising anyway.:unsure:

I'm more optimistic than most, it seems. I don't care what it's on, it's one of the few games I've been looking forward to, so I'll be getting it.
And if it is genuinely shit, at the very least I can do my duty and warn off the curious. :salute:

I'm more optimistic than most, it seems. I don't care what it's on, it's one of the few games I've been looking forward to, so I'll be getting it.
And if it is genuinely shit, at the very least I can do my duty and warn off the curious. :salute:
I await your impression as my opinion is low maybe it will change my mind.

Was looking okay, until... "skill cards". Apparently cards need to be in everything.
I like plenty of computer games with card systems, but not having skill trees and the consequences of building your character in a certain way in this one, seems to be a bad choice to me.
Suddenly being good at something and not good in something that you were previously good at, at will, seems to be a bit immersion breaking (aside from the fact that there is already lots of crazy shit in this game). Im good with guns! Now im shit with guns and good with sledgehammers. Waitaminute, now Im a martial artist and can't use a sledgehammer for shit! What's a gun!?

Yeah, being able to swap abilities in and out on the fly seems a little strange. I'd much rather they had went with a skill tree.

I'm also not a fan of what I've seen of the writing and voice acting so far. I was hoping this would have a more serious tone like Dying Light, but it seems anything but serious. I don't like how the PC talks to themself and with mostly silly one-liners.

For now, this is going to remain a "wait and see" title for me.

I'm also not a fan of what I've seen of the writing and voice acting so far. I was hoping this would have a more serious tone like Dying Light, but it seems anything but serious. I don't like how the PC talks to themself and with mostly silly one-liners.
Yeah, the tone does seem a bit off, esp compared to the earlier titles. I mean, they aren't exactly serious, but not as lame as some of that.
Still, the action looks pretty satisfying and the environment pretty good, so I'm still likely to get it.

Back
Top Bottom