S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Development Resumes

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@GamePressure Development on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 has been resumed. It is still unknown when the game will be released.

Developers of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl have announced on Discordthat the work on the game has been resumed. However, they did not give a new release date (before the war in Ukraine, which caused the interruption, it was set for December 8, 2022). It is possible that we will learn it during the upcoming Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, scheduled for June 12.

[...]
More information.

I'm a big fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series - so that is great news for me.

More important: Let's hope that this war ends soon.

Haven't seen a lick of gameplay even when they approached their last release date, which is concerning.

First 3 games were complete bugfests at release, so expect the same for this.

Awesome! I'm about to start my S.T.A.L.K.E.R. journey soon.

True, but that was a long time ago, so I don't think it necessarily means Stalker 2 will be the same way.

I'm glad to hear development is back on, though I have to agree it's a little concerning that we've seen so little of a game that was scheduled to be released at the end of the year.

I'm a big fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series - so that is great news for me.

More important: Let's hope that this war ends soon.

dont count on it. usa made a statement about taiwan...

Hope it's improved over past games and a better reason for no women in the zone.
But in the ZONE no, the ZONE itself was too harsh even for the most experienced men, stalkers and military. Women were not allowed to go there. The whole place was under very strict military rules
And the real reason why.
The most likely reason theres no women? Every character has the same body, just different clothes. Special characters have different models, but everyone else is the same build, height, etc. very few different voices as well.

If they had women theyd have to do a whole new copy/paste body, as well as special ones for notable npcs. Redo all the meshing for every piece of clothing/armor to fit. Not to mention having to get female voice actors.

It's cheaper to make them non existant, basically.

Well, that might explain why The Zone was so dirty. ;)
Not funny.
Men and women with ideas not stuck in the fifties know that both men and women can live like pigs in a pigsty.

And it is utterly ridiculous for game devs in the 21st century to leave out half of the population. Non-existant. "Not allowed to go there." Reminds me of Afghanistan where women need to be invisible in every day public life, just as non-existant.

Last edited:
By the 3rd part CoP was very stable. Also the engine was the reason Stalker was so unique.

I'm with Eye - looking at my sisters apartment.. :x

And I loved them despite their bugs. :lol:

I hope this one manages to capture a similar atmosphere and has a similar level of jankiness. With these games it just adds to the sense of wrongness, improving the sense of place and atmosphere. Something super polished would ruin that :p (I'm only half kidding)

And I loved them despite their bugs. :lol:

I hope this one manages to capture a similar atmosphere and has a similar level of jankiness. With these games it just adds to the sense of wrongness, improving the sense of place and atmosphere. Something super polished would ruin that :p (I'm only half kidding)

Jankiness is zero percent of the winning formula of Stalker, unless perhaps you're referring to the not quite native sounding English. That must remain.

Jankiness is zero percent of the winning formula of Stalker, unless perhaps you're referring to the not quite native sounding English. That must remain.
Nope, but never mind. :/

At least admit it would have been better decorated.
I don't know what rock you have been living under but since the coming of Ikea both men and women have become quite good interior decorators.
There are those who say gay men are the best decorators, but I think that is just another prejudice. Some people m/f suck in decorating, some are good - not that it is a talent that you miracuously have the minute you are born, you can learn it, by looking, comparing and doing, hey, just as cleaning. Perhaps you should try it more often, JDR, practice makes perfect?

Sexist remarks, such as the one that have been deleted, have no place at RPGWatch.
Related and quoted posts have been deleted as well

Back
Top Bottom