Shadow of Mordor

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is an action-packed adventure-RPG inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Exploring an original story of vengeance and redemption, the game puts players in the role of Talion, a valiant ranger whose family is slain in front of him the night Sauron and his army return to Mordor -- moments before his own life is taken. Resurrected by a Spirit of vengeance and empowered with Wraith abilities, Talion ventures into Mordor and vows to destroy those who have wronged him. Through the course of his personal vendetta, Talion uncovers the truth of the Spirit that compels him, learns the origins of the Rings of Power and ultimately confronts his true nemesis.

More information.

Played it for a bit, then ran into a forced stealth mission in the story mode. Uninstalled. Don't have the patience to fight the poor camera to stealth properly.

I won't quit over it but the camera is pretty poor and the fov is terrible. Haven't found an effective way tO change it on the web yet either. The world is pretty Barron as well. Other than orcs and uruks there's not much to see. Even there strong holds and forts are pretty uninspiring.

However I am really enjoying everything else. The nemesis system is a success IMO. ( hope it doesn't get repetitive though). The combat, story, player progression are all solid.

I don't have a lot to say as I'm only a few hours in but so far it's a blast.

I don't think its the best at any one thing it does but sometimes it's enough to just be really fun.

No need to rage quit. FOV will either be patched in by the Devs or by a lone wolf modder as always happens.

My one friend that was playing this went back to Divinity the other day. He just couldn't handle the camera angles, at least that's what he told me.

Im used to the fov but the mouse camera speed needs some work. It will rotate just fine and then out of nowhere is will slow to a crawl. Just the camera not the game. so instead of one mouse movement to turn around it will take 3.

I've tried everything I've found on the web to fix it to no avail.

No need to rage quit. FOV will either be patched in by the Devs or by a lone wolf modder as always happens.
Sure and then I'll come back and try it again. Right now it's just wasting space.

I must admit I can't really stay focused on it. It grows stale quite fast. Didn't expect more, so it's ok.

Back
Top Bottom