Shadowrun Trilogy - Gets Switch, PlayStation, Xbox Release

Just a quick question how do you upscale graphics better then a pc on a console?
That has got to be just marketing to appeal to console buyers.:thinking:

Easily? Especially with the new ones as they are not low end spec pc's?

Easily? Especially with the new ones as they are not low end spec pc's?
I'm just curious as they had to add a hi-res texture pack. My point is they are claiming it's superior to the PC version. Most ports to console don't say that. I see no difference.

Hence it's just marketing speech to sell the console versions.:)

For reference the PC versions are not very demanding and don't offer different settings.

• Processor: x86-compatible 1.8GHz or faster processor.
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM.
  • Graphics: DirectX compatible 3D graphics card with at least 256MB of addressable memory.
  • DirectX: Version 9.0.
  • Storage: 10 GB available space.
So should I expect a possible pc patch to upgrade the older versions?

(You probably wont have a good answer but a one sentence response again.)

I'll guess kinda both. They will add the higher resolution but, given the style of the game, it isn't going to matter much. The marketing isn't a lie, or even an exaggeration - it's just taking advantage of people's ignorance.

(And maybe not even that! I mean, who buys these games for the fancy graphics? Maybe it's really more about just filling up some time with positive words.)

I'm just curious as they had to add a hi-res texture pack. My point is they are claiming it's superior to the PC version. Most ports to console don't say that. I see no difference.

For reference the PC versions are not very demanding and don't offer different settings.

• Processor: x86-compatible 1.8GHz or faster processor.
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM.
  • Graphics: DirectX compatible 3D graphics card with at least 256MB of addressable memory.
  • DirectX: Version 9.0.
  • Storage: 10 GB available space.
So should I expect a possible pc patch to upgrade the older versions?

(You probably wont have a good answer but a one sentence response again.)

I'm not sure to be honest, been awhile since I played the originals...maybe they up the resolution? I doubt textures, due to the game being drawn tiles and not 3d objects.....If anything they will put all the same enhancements in the pc version as well. It's all developed on PC in todays environment anyways.

That was a few more lines then one, how many do you actually need?

I'm looking forward to the game being graphically updated. As it is the soundtrack is pretty good. I do wish the campaigns were more replayable through.

If the computer folks are getting the upgrade as well, I suppose I'll have something to look forward to the next time I replay these! Which is great, I love a gift that continues to give and give. -)

Back
Top Bottom