Shin Megami Tensei V

Ẻrikson994

Traveler
I've seen lots of J-RPG fans mentioned Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, The Legend of Zelda, but not many people mention Shin Megami Tensei franchise.
Interestingly, the Persona series seems to get more attention especially after P4, P5. Though it is a spin-off series from SMT franchise, it gets more popularity. Personally I'm also a Persona fan at first, then I discovered the entire franchise and it grew on me a lot.

With the upcoming SMT V, I'm kinda curious if anyone interested in this franchise or getting SMT V?

I've seen this advertised on Steam, yet it never seems to go on sale, and I'm not certain if it would play well with mouse/keyboard. I'm a huge fan of the Persona franchise (well, I've only played two to date, yet quite enjoyed both) and I'm always hopeful that more might arrive for us computer folk.

I've seen lots of J-RPG fans mentioned Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, The Legend of Zelda, but not many people mention Shin Megami Tensei franchise.
Interestingly, the Persona series seems to get more attention especially after P4, P5. Though it is a spin-off series from SMT franchise, it gets more popularity. Personally I'm also a Persona fan at first, then I discovered the entire franchise and it grew on me a lot.

With the upcoming SMT V, I'm kinda curious if anyone interested in this franchise or getting SMT V?

I really enjoyed the first games ( yes they were for the original Nintendo, very very old, but good! ) haven't had the time to play any newer ones though, but I will someday!

I am really looking forward to this game. Its a bit of a shake up of the SMT formula.

It might not be for a lot of people here. Apparently it is light on story for the first 10 hours or so when you play the game and the game play is very punishing if you dont know what you are doing(even moreso than persona games) but learning how to play is easy enough.

This is a good review of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg5NFVqdym4

Shin Megami Tensei is great, among the top 5 JRPGs for gameplay.
The game is already leaked and playable on emulators, from the first impressions of the impatient ones this is a good entry.
Will definitly get it on release day.

Back
Top Bottom