• Yes

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 37 92.5%

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Gather around all ye who know me. :spotlight-left::clap::spotlight-right:

There comes a time when you realize you don't fit in anymore and need a break. So I've been thinking for a while to close my account, and move on to better greener pastures.

I wouldn't be the first to leave this year.

So lets give a silent farewell to Dart with his multiple accounts and purpleblob.:(

I miss a third option !

There comes a time when you realize you don't fit in anymore and need a break. So I've been thinking for a while to close my account, and move on to better greener pastures.

So lets give a silent farewell to Dart with his multiple accounts and purpleblob.:(
I voted "no".

When I look at the political forum I see that we have very different political views and I can't say that I like yours. probably you would say the same about mine. :)

But why should that prevent both of us (and all the other people here) from being RPG-enthusiasts and share interesting discussions about that? :cool:

I like your RPG-related news, information, and opinions on this board and would miss them. :(

You are indeed not the first to leave and if you join again you are not the first to do that either. Even if you don’t join again you are anot the first to not do that.
I used to try and convince people to stay, but stopped doing that some time ago. Now I only give them a 24 hour period in which they can reconsider from deleting their account as there is no undelete option. Except with Dart, he knows by now how this works, so I just delete him whenever I get around to reading the request.
I consider people to be mature enough to realize what they are asking for and don’t need me to convince them to change their mind.

If you're undecided, a halfway step instead of deleting your account might be making fewer threads with your own name in the title.

Well, it would be sad to see you leave, but if you feel like doing so, you should keep the account. If not as a proud token, at least because you never know how you'll feel about it in a week, a month...

There's no advantage in deleting it that I can see. Just extra work for the poor Myrthos ;)

I said no. I think if you need a break just leave the account active in case you want to come back.

I really enjoy your posts even if I sometimes have a different view point.

Personally I say you fit in here as well as anyone else.

Would be unhappy to see you go.

Couch, we have very different politics and occasionally clash, but that's a big, fat no from me. You're not just a constant around here, you're a valuable voice and big time contributor, and the place would be poorer for your absence.

Why leave though ? Just take the break and come back when ready :)

I consider people to be mature enough to realize what they are asking for and don’t need me to convince them to change their mind.
This is in fact a good point. But since I am not sure how mature @Couchpotato; is, I tried to convince him nevertheless.

Lesson learned is only stick to gaming news from now on. :cool:

Avoid the political forum & other sub-forums.

Do what you need to do @Couchpotato; but I would miss your moral support personally, and your huge general input to the site.

I did vote no, there is no reason to delete the acc, just take a pause from it.

If the plan is you move to Facebook completely, then I'd like to revert my vote on yes.
:evilgrin:

No.
There is plenty we probably disagree on, and there is plenty we probably agree on. That's pretty normal. Why focus on the negative?

If this place is weighing on you, just take a break.

When I had my serious disagreement with certain authority figures, I stopped coming for a while. I found that deleting the bookmark to the Watch helped me avoid the temptation of checking in during that exile. I also turned off the auto-log feature so that it took extra effort to get involved at all.

Eventually, I was ready to see what was going on "in the old neighborhood" again. I've reduced my participation in P&R (probably to everyone's delight) and I bail out when I find myself getting too wound up (this means that I miss out on some of the extended debates we used to have, but it's better for me and ruffles fewer feathers). Makes for a much more pleasant experience, even if it's a little more shallow than previously.

None of this required deleting the account. If you think you need to delete the account just to stay away, I think you need to reflect a little deeper on what's going on in the old brainpan.

move on to better greener pastures.
What greener pastures?
Lesson learned is only stick to gaming news from now on. :cool:

Avoid the political forum & other sub-forums.

Yeah, maybe, but also just care less what people think. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect. :p

Back
Top Bottom