Shroud of the Avatar & Richard Garriott

I think perhaps I'm recalling impressions from news and info leading up to the kickstarter where I'm certain there was emphasis on 'single-player' specifically.

I can't remember how well I paid attention to the kickstarter info when it launched. With the impressions I had at that point, accurate or not, I jumped into the pool so to speak.

But lesson learned… forget whatever you think you read and hear about prior to a kickstarter but DO actually pay attention to what you read and hear about from the official kickstarter.

That is why I went back and looked to the kick starter page. I was like you or maybe I just wanted to believe it was going to be like the old days single player game.

PS: [/B]Thank you Rune for asking the tough questions on the games forum.:handshake:

Yeah, and lets not forget that rune genuinely fights a good fight for the single player game at SotA main forums. If he (and few others) will be successful is another matter but nobody can accuse him of a lack of trying.

I haven't really paid much attention to this one. Are they seriously selling player housing for hundreds or thousands of dollars? O_O

I haven't really paid much attention to this one. Are they seriously selling player housing for hundreds or thousands of dollars? O_O

Well, sort of. I see this more as a fund raising thing.

What I mean by sort of, is you can guarantee a house right away by paying fort it. It will be hard to get one in game once it's live, well harder then just buying it.(if you are playing offline, then not a huge deal as there will be plenty of lots.)

Now, if you are paying thousands it isn't a house but literally a castle. There will also be player owned towns that the owners get to pick what npc buildings are there as well as housing lots.

Also, they have come out and talked about how they will deal with housing after launch, and talk is they will have raffles or auctions to buy a house with limited housing coming available. Remains to be seen how this will work.

That all being said, you don't really "need" a house, its just cool to have.

That is why I went back and looked to the kick starter page. I was like you or maybe I just wanted to believe it was going to be like the old days single player game.

I was googling a bit trying to find pre-kickstarter info relating to it being a single player game in the vein of U6/U7. But aside from infos already pointed out in this thread, I can't seem to nail it down.

Maybe I'm going senile in my 40s, but somehow in the beginning I was certain it was being pitched as a single player game.

And yes, thank you Rune… I'm constantly perplexed by some of the hostile reactions to your informational posts relating to this game. That's the internet though, everybody's a badass behind the keyboard.

But look at my avatar. I'm the only badass. :p

Are you kidding? 11 (out of 20) Lord of the Manor castles were sold so far for 10,000$ each… There are people who are actually prepared to spend 10.000$ on a digital castle… I begin to regret that there is no such thing as hell…

Are you kidding? 11 (out of 20) Lord of the Manor castles were sold so far for 10,000$ each… There are people who are actually prepared to spend 10.000$ on a digital castle… I begin to regret that there is no such thing as hell…

Funny thing is I'm fine with them spending money to make the game;)

Has Joxer been notified about this? :mwahaha:

Oh if I remember correctly and someone can surely point out if I am wrong. During the first years of Ultima Online people were selling off their castles or character for that sort of money.

Maybe I'm going senile in my 40s, but somehow in the beginning I was certain it was being pitched as a single player game.

only badass. :p

No you are not going senile I don't think. I remember calling my brother all excited about it. Though like I said, I might have been blocking out the Multiplayer part of it in my mind in hopes of re-living the grand days of Ultima.

We've got a different claimer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT2AcxZnW6g

Even mentions you guys. :p

Ya thats an old 2015 video. The guy stopped playing the game shortly after he realized it was permanently in "pre-alpha".
As part of the ongoing scam of the avatar you can sure tell why they will never launch the game. It would be destroyed. As it is they can sail under the radar of most reviews without anyone noticing how terrible the whole thing is.
Easy to dispute a single low profile stream once in a while, hard to dispute 50 in a week if they ever use the word launch.

After that … other … game actually did launch, I'm not sure about anything.

pibbur who surely ….

SotA is a professionally led socjo psychological experiment aiming at disproving the popular theory that you can't fool people all of the time. Clifton's was just an amateurish attempt.

I did check and the year isn't under JavaScript control. There could be something server-side, though.... ;)

Please note, however, that all dates are estimates and subject to change due to the complexities of development.

Atleast they got that part right. :p

Back
Top Bottom