Skyrim - Special Edition Mod Says Your Name

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PC Gamer reports on a Skyrim Special Edition mod that makes characters say your name using AI.

Thanks to AI voice-acting tool xVASynth, modders have a way to generate new dialogue in the voices of existing NPCs--or at least a half-decent approximation of them. Its creator, Dan Ruta, has demonstrated another use for xVASynth by modifying existing dialogue in Skyrim: Special Edition so that NPCs refer to your character by whatever name you enter.

Yes, even if it's xX_dragon_killer_420_69_Xx.

The mod's called Say My Name, and you can see it in action in the video above. It's not perfect, but it's not as robotic as text-to-speech software used to be, and if you were annoyed by how often characters would call you the Dragonborn, now you can change that. Dragons will still call you Dovahkiin, however, because that's how they roll. (And also because their voices are harder for xVASynth to get right.)

[...]

More information.

I think it might be more distracting than fun in Skyrim, but it's a mighty fine proof of concept!

It would be great if other video games would put this kind of tech in. You could type in your name, the AI would take a shot at it, then you could help it if it gets it wrong. (Maybe right click on characters and select different sounds?)

I think it might be more distracting than fun in Skyrim, but it's a mighty fine proof of concept!

It would be great if other video games would put this kind of tech in. You could type in your name, the AI would take a shot at it, then you could help it if it gets it wrong. (Maybe right click on characters and select different sounds?)

I would like to see it in Baldur's Gate 3. It would help the experience imo.

I've put over 2000 hours into a game series where a woman's voice warns me about the Kha'ak. I'm not going to judge.

Back
Top Bottom