Solasta - Future Adventures Survey

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Tactical Adventures has set up a survey to get a better idea of our preferences for their next product. The survey ends November 30th.

Looking at a future of (Tactical) Adventures!

Hey there folks!

Thank you a thousand times for your support so far. We hope you're having a lot of fun on Solasta, 'cause we sure are when we work on it! Now, while we still have some plans in mind for Solasta, we had a few questions for you folks.

As most of you already know, we highly value the opinion of our community. Which is why we wanted to ask you all : If we were not able to obtain a license from Wizards of the Coast for another Solasta game, we'd like to know your interest in the following game genres!

Note: You can absolutely put 0 or 5 everywhere if you want, in case you hate or love every genre.
More information.

Gave my answers and I doubt it will contribute to anything good. All I want is a better campaign and story in their future projects. So no more combat simulators please.:p

I hoped it was for "future adventures" with the Solasta engine. That's really what I wish. It's a great tactical engine.

Gave my answers and I doubt it will contribute to anything good. All I want is a better campaign and story in their future projects. So no more combat simulators please.:p
More or less what I said too.

I hoped it was for "future adventures" with the Solasta engine. That's really what I wish. It's a great tactical engine.
That's how I understood it, in any case I hope it remains D&D.

I added that they need to get full rights from WotC and make it more open-world with a greater variety of monsters. It's not D&D if there's no giants or trolls :)

Well, that question tends to tell me otherwise :

«Which type of game would you be interested in? (No D&D Ruleset!)»

Overall, it seems like they are looking to do something entirely different.

Well, that question tends to tell me otherwise :

I agree for the D&D part, but it seems aimed at a Solasta game; I don't think they'd drop the franchise even if they couldn't obtain the full franchise from WotC. But they're not clear in their phrasing so I'm really not sure.

Unrelated, but I found the question on the "tone" a little surprising with its list (Light-hearted, Serious, Comedy, Horror, Mystery, Tragedy, Heroic). They are very exhaustive.

I told them that I want something like Baldurs gate or Fallout.:biggrin:

Epic story and great companions. Atom RPG and Pathfiner are nice in that way.

I took the "no D&D ruleset" comment as "no need to ask because we will do D&D game anyway but perhaps I'm wrong.

Their survey questions are so broad, I can't really tell if they started to plan something new out at all.

Last edited:
Not that I don't support other genres and play styles, but it seems like playing a hero in a high fantasy setting is the most likely format to turn a profit and keep a game company solvent. Perhaps that will change at some point...

I took the "no D&D ruleset" comment as "no need to ask because we will ask D&D but perhaps I'm wrong.

Their survey questions are so broad, I can't really tell if they started to plan something new out at all.

The survey could be both for the style of game if they continue with the current game genre, possibly the same setting and even game engine (the first part seems like that), and what other game to do in case they can't get the licence ("If we were not able to obtain a license from Wizards of the Coast for another Solasta game, we'd like to know your interest in the following game genres!").

But I don't see why they'd change the game genre if they can't get the licence, both are unrelated. At worst, the SRD is plenty enough and available to everyone.

In any case, I'm curious to see if they can get a licence from WotC.

The survey could be both for the style of game if they continue with the current game genre, possibly the same setting and even game engine (the first part seems like that), and what other game to do in case they can't get the licence ("If we were not able to obtain a license from Wizards of the Coast for another Solasta game, we'd like to know your interest in the following game genres!").

But I don't see why they'd change the game genre if they can't get the licence, both are unrelated. At worst, the SRD is plenty enough and available to everyone.

In any case, I'm curious to see if they can get a licence from WotC.

I see I had typos everywhere in my previous post lol - thats what happens in the morning before coffee.

Anyway, interesting set of questions but I suspect most of their fans would have voted similar style RPG to Solasta (strategic TB RPG).

I voted for more story focused but I'd assume I'm in minority.

I see I had typos everywhere in my previous post lol - thats what happens in the morning before coffee.

Anyway, interesting set of questions but I suspect most of their fans would have voted similar style RPG to Solasta (strategic TB RPG).

I voted for more story focused but I'd assume I'm in minority.

We are a few who voted that way. Even if we're a minority, we shall be heard! :D

Really? I'm quite sure that you (or we) are a majority.
Were the minority it seems according to industry data and publishers. On this site it's hard to tell. As you read comments in support, and some saying read a book instead.

A better story gives a greater insensitive to move forwards in a game.

A solid combat system is great but in my opinion, a RPG needs more than this to be truly successful. Character development, interactions with NPC, Exploration and yes, a great story...

Filled it out. 0 for story, 5 for gameplay and wish there was a lower option than 0 for deck based rougelites.:biggrin:

I don’t dislike story in video games but I feel it’s done better in virtually all other mediums. If the game is story heavy I prefer it to be linear. Open world games where you get pulled away from the story for hours at a time doing other things just makes it unenjoyable for me.

I value gameplay over all else. It is a game after all.

Filled it out. 0 for story, 5 for gameplay and wish there was a lower option than 0 for deck based rougelites.:biggrin:

I don’t dislike story in video games but I feel it’s done better in virtually all other mediums. If the game is story heavy I prefer it to be linear. Open world games where you get pulled away from the story for hours at a time doing other things just makes it unenjoyable for me.

I value gameplay over all else. It is a game after all.

Classic false dichotomy. The obvious choice is "both should be awesome". Now get crackin' Tactical Adventures!

Back
Top Bottom