Solasta - Palace of Ice Review

I had planned to play this before Diablo, but Zelda is a ginormous game, so no time for this right now, sadly. That's fine, it will give them time to patch and polis, it's something I will play it for sure at some point.

Don't see Starsector on Steam, is that GOG only?

Unfortunately I only recently played through the first campaign. I'm unlikely to dive back into it this year with so many other games. It certainly is a game I will want to play at some point though.

The new expansion is a bit buggy so far. They have released one patch and are working on the two main problems I've had so far. I will hold off for another patch or two.

Never heard of Starsector before - looks pretty good will check it out thanks
It's a great game. Only available on the developper website. In a way, it's similar to Band of Brother, Wartales, Mount & Blade... You have your "party" which in this Sci-Fi context is a fleet, that you manage, customize, upgrade. You can trade, you can be a pirate or a mercs, you can just go around the "sector" and explore. And of course, you can build an empire. Battles are also pretty fun. I've never seen any other game mastering capital ships space battle so well. No boring "asteroid mining" here.

The new expansion is a bit buggy so far. They have released one patch and are working on the two main problems I've had so far. I will hold off for another patch or two.
I've almost finished, but have definitely had some annoying bugs - like combat freezing (as in having to quit and start again, twice in one combat), and some smaller things - and apparently a long-standing bug: spell effects going through walls (!) I had a cone of cold and dragon breath weapon blast me unexpectedly, when I carefully positioned my party to avoid them. That said, I am finding it a bit too easy now (level 16) on 'normal'. I kind of get the sense this DLC released with less testing?

There has been already two patches released this week. Hopefully, they should be able to fix most of the bugs quickly.

That said, I am finding it a bit too easy now (level 16) on 'normal'. I kind of get the sense this DLC released with less testing?
5e is definitely player-friendly and more forgiving than past versions. For Solasta I crank up the difficulty. When I play 5e with my friends I have to increase the monster hit points and AC. Even add some new powers to creatures.

Back
Top Bottom