Songs of Conquest - Gameplay

Looks and sounds fantastic. Will def buy it sometime.
I spent many hours on HoMM 2 & 3. I've even been at drunken gatherings and played hotseat multiplayer with two others!

I know it has online multiplayer, but does it have hotseat mp? (you know, single computer with multiple people having turns)

Yes, it does have hotseat. I think it's implemented right now. They talked about hotseat in one of the updates.

I played soo many hotseat games for HoMM-HoMM 3. We used to get drunk as hell and play all night. My god the 90s were fun. Glad other people had as much fun with hotseat. We used to make crazy maps and screw with some of our friends and have them start in awful areas just to see the look on their faces. 20 Black Dragons guarding a stone mine :lol:

i loved heroes series and old age of wonders too (most recent ones are meh) but i would expect more content that 2 campaign and some skirmish maps for EA launch price tag.
Looks like a random map creator is on to do list.
I will wait and check this out in some months.

I have played for eight hours now. The battles are fun and the research brings a little Civilization into a HoMM-like game. Needs more research though. It has a good base but requires more choices.

The spells are a little bland right now but I've been playing with my two main heroes being warrior-based. I really like how they implemented getting mana in this game. Your troops add to your mana.

My main complaint would be that the AI just throws heroes at you even when they are far weaker. There have been a few good battles though. Maybe it's the skirmish map I picked but it's hard to keep new towns because there are a lot of AI heroes running around.

I'm enjoying Songs of Conquest and they have a really nice base game for just starting EA. Leveling up your hero is fun and definitely has a HoMM feel to it.

Work on the AI spam and just add more and they have a really nice game here.

I've been waiting for this... usually not an EA guy but I'll be buying it this weekend and spending some time with it (just as I finish a second play-thru of HoMM 7).

Sounds like something I should try once you're all done beta testing it and getting it balanced, polished and ready for the rest of us who prefer to play actually released games.

Back
Top Bottom