Soul Knights - A New JRPG Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Soul Knights is a new JRPG from a Japanese developer called AWESOME JAPAN. They ae asking for $60,000 to help make what they call a good ‘ole revived JRPG game.

Here is the usual video, and short game description.

The good ‘ole JRPG is revived and adapted with a smooth operating, cutting-edge interface that retains its strategic gameplay.
More information.

Well I'm not to interested. but some of you might be. The asking goal, and whats needed for a PC release have me doubting the game will be funded though.

But who knows as I have been proven wrong before.:)

Prove the Potato wrong...

FUND THY GAME, JAPAN-CHAN! Do your best!!

*twirls and looks dramatic*

Yeah, another phone game... what a magical time... zzzzzz.....

Wake me up when D:OS 2 has been announced.

I think one way to curb my kickstarter supports is to ignore anything that openly mentions telephone products. So, money saved, backlog list curtailed.

A free to play phone game by "AWESOME JAPAN"… no way I'm ever touching this.

(thanks for posting the news anyway)

Prove the Potato wrong…

FUND THY GAME, JAPAN-CHAN! Do your best!!

*twirls and looks dramatic*
Yes prove me wrong but with the usual posters/replies on this thread they wont.:)

I actually purchase a lot of niche Japanese RPGs, usually on release date, so this would normally be exactly my cup of tea. However I have to be convinced that the quality will be there, and this developer looks much too unproven. Moreover this is one of the last genres where we are given a meaty single player portion, so I don't want to see it being deserted in favor of free to play games on mobile.

I actually purchase a lot of niche Japanese RPGs, usually on release date, so this would normally be exactly my cup of tea. However I have to be convinced that the quality will be there, and this developer looks much too unproven. Moreover this is one of the last genres where we are given a meaty single player portion, so I don't want to see it being deserted in favor of free to play games on mobile.

Exactly. I'm all for jRPGs in PC, but when a kickstarter goes multiplatform that's the first problem (having to deal with multiple platforms, specially with a small team, it's a recipe for disaster), and when they add multiplayer because ... reasons? it's even worse.

In essence, for any small team thinking of starting a project in kickstarter, my recommendation is KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid).

Back
Top Bottom