Sovereign Syndicate - New Playtest launches today

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Crimson Herrings Studios are launching a public playtest of Sovereign Syndicate today:

New Playtest Launches Today!

Sovereign Syndicate Development Update August 2022

Hi Everyone!

It's been a few months since our last major update. We've been hard at work on the game, incorporating all your great feedback from the last playtest.

We launched a new playtest today with all the latest changes. Head over to the Steam page and download the latest, or just update it if you kept it in your library from last time. The playtest is public and doesn't require a key.

As I mentioned our last playtest generated a lot of great feedback, both positive and constructive, and we've spent the last few months reviewing this feedback and taking action to move the game forward.
Here's an idea of what you'll see in the latest version.

• New character creation and customization options
  • Simplified skills and character sheet
  • Improved tarot card mechanic
  • Improved flow and readability of dialogue
  • Improved communication of changes to your character, inventory, journal, and tasks
  • Improved loading times and framerates
We're excited about these changes and look forward to your feedback! As always, you can catch us over on Discord if you want to chat and stay up on all the latest developments.

-> Discord

Until next time, Take Care!
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Heh. I didn't realize the development was only at the beginning, since there was already another demo earlier this year. But it's just me, there's nothing shocking in a 3-year development.

From the forums:
- What's the approximate release window?
Is the game 10% or 90% done?

- Hi There, thanks for the question.
I'd say closer to 10%, depending on timing and availability of funding we're thinking holiday 2024.

For the fans out there, they just received a big influx of new funding, so expect a lot more RPG goodness going forward.

Heh. I didn't realize the development was only at the beginning, since there was already another demo earlier this year. But it's just me, there's nothing shocking in a 3-year development.

From the forums:
Yeah I assumed they were further along in developmental as well. Well as they say don't assume well I'm sutre y know the rest. I'm glad they got some more funding as well.

For the fans out there, they just received a big influx of new funding, so expect a lot more RPG goodness going forward.
Do you have any contacts with the development team screeg?

As they sound like a good candidate for a future interview.

Great idea! Thanks for starting the interviews again.

You should open a suggestion thread, so I could add Iron Tower Studio in it (Colony Ship, The Age of Decadence, ...). :)

Other members could vote with "like".

I do. Let me know when you're ready to do that interview and I'll hook you up.

Great idea! Thanks for starting the interviews again.

You should open a suggestion thread, so I could add Iron Tower Studio in it (Colony Ship, The Age of Decadence, ...). :)

Other members could vote with "like".
I did interview them before but that was years ago. I was thinking of getting hold of Spiders again to check up on Steering and next Greedfall game eventually as well.

Guess I'll PM @HiddenX or @Myrthos with the rough drafts, or post it in a forum thread.

Last edited:
I do. Let me know when you're ready to do that interview and I'll hook you up.
Thanks I'm going to finish up the interview questions for Black Geyser later today. So maybe a next week. I'll send you a PM when it's time, and open a thread for questions.

Last edited:
I did interview them before but that was years ago. I was thinking of getting hold of Spiders again to check up on Steering and next Greedfall game eventually as well.

Guess I'll PM @HiddenX or @Myrthos with the rough drafts, or post it in a forum thread.
I'm happy to proofread if that helps. :)

Back
Top Bottom