Spellforce 3 - Gamescom Interview

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
My main question: Will it also have ever increasing endless enemy spawns? I hated this artificial time limit. If you wanted to do some exploring it was always building a forest of turrets and then repairing/replacing them after each attack wave... until you ran out of resources and were forced to attack. It became tedious fast.
I would much prefer to have a RPG focus with some RTS elements, not the other way round.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Wait what? "endless enemy spawns"?

And I planned to buy this game… No way I'm spending even a dime on it.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.
Wait what? "endless enemy spawns"?

And I planned to buy this game… No way I'm spending even a dime on it.

Did you play Spellforce 1 or 2? They are a mix of RPG and RTS and because of the latter often there are enemy camps spawning enemies. However, when you destroy a camp, it stops spawning. In Spellforce 2 the enemy used the same kind of resources as you, so cutting off his resources also stopped him. There were a few maps with slightly different mechanics but on all maps there were ways to stop the spawning. I don't expect Spellforce 3 to be different in that aspect. So this is not comparable with respawning in Diablo-like games.

So if you don't like RTS-elements, this is a legitimate reason not to buy the game, but describing it as "endless respawn" is missing the point.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
No I didn't play Spellforce games. Based on screenshots I thought it's the engine from NWN. Aurora.
I do not want to touch anything even similar to that engine ever again. Means, I will not buy these two games regardless of anything anyone says.

If Spellforce 3 does what you say, if it has a mechanics to stop trashmobs from spawning, then I'll buy it. I have nothing against that - I have everything against games where trashmobs respawn regardless of what you do.

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
Did you play Spellforce 1 or 2? They are a mix of RPG and RTS and because of the latter often there are enemy camps spawning enemies. However, when you destroy a camp, it stops spawning. Snip.

Yes, that is true. In the end it is the same. Also iirc when you destroyed the last encampment the mission was auto-finished. I always had the feeling I had to rush if I wanted to find the RPG content...

I will watch some vids before I decide if I jump in again. The extension of the RPG part as the guy told in the vid above sounds promising.

luj1

SasqWatch
Sometimes I wonder how this franchise got to three.

Top Bottom