SpellForce 3 - Journey Mode

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Spellforce 3 Reforced gets a new feature called Journey Mode.

Check out the latest SpellForce 3 Reforced trailer for a look at what to expect with the Journey Mode feature of this RTS and RPG hybrid game. Journey Mode allows you to create your own hero and play with up to three friends or challenge them in PvP matches.

SpellForce III Reforced launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X/S on June 7, 2022. The game is also available now on PC.
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

I hope they dont ruin a good game with this MP bs.

journey mode is pretty good, has been on pc since december

I have had these games on wish list for a long time. Usually I know pretty clearly whether I want a game or not but been so wishy-washy with these. Mainly because I am RPG focused not RTS focused, and not sure how good the RPG part is, although I have read some articles and seen a few vids.

Journey mode, however, doesn't interest me as I don't know people to play with and tend to stick to single player games. Really nice option for those who have some buddies to play with though, as that can be a ton of fun (used to do it more back when I was in my MMO phase of life).

I have had these games on wish list for a long time. Usually I know pretty clearly whether I want a game or not but been so wishy-washy with these. Mainly because I am RPG focused not RTS focused, and not sure how good the RPG part is, although I have read some articles and seen a few vids.
I've played Spellforce 3 like a classic party based RPG and it works quite well. Almost every mission you start with your main char and his companion and you can explore the map and do stuff. You can even beat almost all enemies with only your party. At a certain point you then build your base and the "RTS part" begins. When you cleared the map before with your party this mostly becomes trivial. During the RTS part you can still control your party.
You should try it, I guess you'll like it.

I've played Spellforce 3 like a classic party based RPG and it works quite well. Almost every mission you start with your main char and his companion and you can explore the map and do stuff. You can even beat almost all enemies with only your party. At a certain point you then build your base and the "RTS part" begins. When you cleared the map before with your party this mostly becomes trivial. During the RTS part you can still control your party.
You should try it, I guess you'll like it.

Sounds interesting and it's on GP - thanks!

Its also very long, easily 60-80h and probably double that with the 2 addons.

Yeah that's the draw of the Spellforce games you can either play them as a RTS, RPG or a hybrid of both. I personally prefer playing them as a hybrid as I love both genres.:nod:

I like all add-ons, in particular the one, where the main heroes are orks. That is very funny at times.

Thanks JDR13, was reading all about the game this morning having played and enjoyed the original Spellforce back then.. and saw your link for 75% off is still on right now, downloading..
That's a hell of a coincidence seeing as how that link is a year old. It just happens to be on sale again. Glad you found it. :)

If only there weren't so many games in the backlog. This one looks really interesting too.

Back
Top Bottom