SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Strategy RPG SpellForce: Conquest of Eo will be released today:

SpellForce: Conquest of Eo

Command mighty heroes and armies and send them on countless quests. Fill your grimoire with spells to grow your power and raise your wizard's tower to become the greatest mage of all time. Conquer Eo in this rich turn-based strategy game set in the world of SpellForce.

Become the greatest of mages in this turn-based fantasy epic set in the world of SpellForce! From the humble beginnings of your small wizard's tower, send forth your minions and heroes to explore the realms of Eo. Grow your influence and power and fill your grimoire with arcane knowledge. Face off against magical competitors in your hunt for ancient artefacts and hidden secrets as you build up your tower and area of influence to unleash the greatest spell the world has ever known.

• Build up your tower and construct new rooms to determine your wizard's path
  • Recruit individual heroes to lead your troops, each with their personal quest
  • Make the living interactive grimoire reveal new secrets and spells to you
  • Craft anything from magical runes and artefacts to undead minions
  • Discover new adventures with each procedurally generated campaign

More information.

It's also worth noting a couple things...
  1. The price on this game is really great—especially at 20% off on launch
  2. I think the game might get hammered a bit on Steam reviews because it isn't a typical SpellForce game. There seems to be a lot of hate from people who like SpellForce but are mad they've gone and made a TB game and abandoned the RTS hybrid. To me, that's silly. It doesn't mean this won't be a good game—and the devs have stated making this game hasn't had any impact on plans for the the RTS hybrid side of the series.
Having watched some play-thru video on eXplorminate, I personally think this looks like an interesting take on 4x fantasy and am looking forward to this.

Last edited:
not gonna lie, no random maps and campaign only made me a bit tiepid

There seems to be a lot of hate from people who like SpellForce but are mad they've gone and made a TB game and abandoned the RTS hybrid.
I'll miss that, but will try this new game anyway.

I played for almost 10 hrs, I like it a lot. I love this kind of games (fantasy turn-based strategy) and EO has several innovative features to make it a very good entry. On top of that, the price is very low for a new game.

I think the game might get hammered a bit on Steam reviews because it isn't a typical SpellForce game. There seems to be a lot of hate from people who like SpellForce but are mad they've gone and made a TB game and abandoned the RTS hybrid. To me, that's silly. It doesn't mean this won't be a good game—and the devs have stated making this game hasn't had any impact on plans for the the RTS hybrid side of the series.
Yeah, I've already seen some review bombing. It's the BG3 debacle all over again, except even dumber because these developers didn't go so far as naming the game Spellforce 4 (Spellfourth? :D).

Adult gaming man babies like I said before. I admit I was worried when the game was announced but the developer stressed it's a spin-off, and won't affect the main series.

Does anybody know how the campaign works and how long it is?

Adult gaming man babies like I said before. I admit I was worried when the game was announced but the developer stressed it's a spin-off, and won't affect the main series.
Yeah, and honestly, if someone is a fan of SpellForce, I think they should be happy at this development—it's a chance to bring new players to the universe who might have shied away from the other games. If it is a good game, it'll grow the audience for this IP.

Well I tried this game. Install it. Start campaign. Select Wizard. Hit continue. Wait as world is generated. Crash. Check steam forum. Lots of people are having this issue. Can't start campaign. So I would say for now the game sucks.

Well I tried this game. Install it. Start campaign. Select Wizard. Hit continue. Wait as world is generated. Crash. Check steam forum. Lots of people are having this issue. Can't start campaign. So I would say for now the game sucks.
That blows. Hopefully it gets patched soon. For whatever reason, I never seem to have any issues with crashes or bugs, and my computer's a years old, never upgraded hand-me-down, so I guess I'm just lucky. I got the game yesterday from GOG and have been having a lot of fun with it so far.

I booted it up last night, just planning to take a peek—and ended up playing for 3 hours. Great game so far. It does feel like a bit of AoW, HoMM, MoM and a wee touch of Fallen Enchantress—with a few fresh ideas mixed in.
My only concern is that it features only 1 map in the game, with different starting positions and it randomizes some of the things on the map from play-thru to play-thru, so maybe long-term replayability will be a bit limited. But given the price, I think it will still be great value for money.
Hopefully it does well enough that they offer new maps.

Back
Top Bottom