WotR [SPOILERS] Wotr chapter/act 5 crusade - aka - My Army Got Stolen!

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD.

Please don't read unless you are at ch5, or finished the game but would like to see some notes you might use in another playthrough.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The queen stole your army. The whole of it.
And as someone posted in hints thread, your weekly rate will take years to reach previous numbers. Decades!

Here's what it looks like when you return from abyss (beer elementals are there only bcs this was taken on trickster path):

pic.jpg

Just a link, this was my army at the end of ch3:
https://i.postimg.cc/4dtZykST/pic.jpg

42 archers per week…
It will take 10 weeks of ingame time to get all those archers on the previous number… OMG!

Actually it'll take you much shorter.
See there is this power (among others) people for some reason ignore:

pic.jpg

Says, random recruitment of already existing units.
Gives what? I won't be using it on the stack of those beer elementals, I need some glass cannon damage. And those will be archers.

Too bad for me only a few remained loyal and the queen failed to steal them too, so this is what I was left with, 17 snipers and 17 rangers:

pic.jpg

And now, a result of Call to Arms power on that army:

pic.jpg

O_O

Cooldown for this particular power is 15 days, so there.
You can't spam it like crazy, but there is no need for that anyway.

As you may see up there, I still haven't recruit those 84 more archers that are available from training.
Which I will, I have more than 2 millions of cash after I've returned and you will be as filthy rich as I am too, ready to heavily invest in the crusade.

Hellknights?
Not only money, but also this power would be a waste on them.
Use decrees for recruiting those.
I mean, you are playing an evil MC, right?

pic.jpg

Yea I wonder how many people use all the rituals to their fullest extent. I was taking down rank 10 and 11 demon armies at rank 9 thanks to the rituals you can use - and get a nice boost to armies for free every 15 days.

I didn't plan to write ch5 crusade stuff because you basically get overpowered and will clear the army map before you solve all quests in that chapter.

But someone said they've set the crusade on auto after the army being stolen.
Setting auto option is irreversible so here's hope this thread will prevent others in doing the same thing.

But my hopes are one thing, reality is another.
Ah well… Their game, their choice. And consequence. ;)

Yeah. I even went a bit further and split out only the Marksmen every time it was available. It gives about 300 of them every time. More than enough to clear anything on the map. Chapter 5 army stuff is trivial due to this.

Wanna know an easier way to make your armies larger? If so I have the tool for you. Just download Cheat Engine, search for the values, and voila edit them.:biggrin:

No one can stop my one million man army. Well the queen can somehow.

Nah, I'm saving cheats for boring and grindy games, this one isn't.
And besides why would you do that in Pathfinder2? There is automode and easy crusade difficulty was added a few days back.
If only they fixed no rewards bug in ch5 crusade fights.

Yeah - I saw "call to arms" when I came back from Abyss, but it didn't seem to work for me. Or maybe I was in the wrong mode when I tried. I think you need a lot of gold for it work (i.e. they are not free, just insta-paid for by you? Well, it said something like "unavailable" when I tried). By the time I noticed it, I'd been manually buying overpriced units (and mercenaries . . . I spent about 600,000GP or something stupid after I came back from the Abyss, bolstering town buildings, paying for upgrades, buying troops). The basic rule seems to be: have a shit-ton of troops in every unit. When I did (pre-Abyss), every fight was trivial - without something like (a working) call to arms it is mind numbing to get back. But as I said, when I tried it, didn't work. And they didn't mention it at all, like so many other features.

Anyway, at that point I though F this - and turned off the crusade.

I hope any future pathfinder games don't have this "management layer" - it's not why I play RPGs, and having it in PF:K was enough (ironically the more streamlined 'management interface - issuing decrees, no stats for positions etc - was actually OK, it was just the army building and micro-managing battles etc I hated).

But looks like the next game will be some sci-fi title rather than PF, so we'll see.

But looks like the next game will be some sci-fi title rather than PF, so we'll see.
Well Pathfinder has a few Sci-Fi settings as well. As there is an area in the setting called Numeria were a spaceship crashed. It has warlords, barbarians, and advanced tech.

And you loot a nifty numerian sword, scifi stuff ofc, in WotR.
But all that is unrelated to your army being stolen in chapter 5. :p

And you loot a nifty numerian sword, scifi stuff ofc, in WotR.
But all that is unrelated to your army being stolen in chapter 5. :p
I'll post off-topic all I want as he mentioned it first I responded.

Anyway cute coming from the king of off-topic posts.:D

Nah. King of trolling. :)

Yeah - I saw "call to arms" when I came back from Abyss, but it didn't seem to work for me. Or maybe I was in the wrong mode when I tried. I think you need a lot of gold for it work (i.e. they are not free, just insta-paid for by you? Well, it said something like "unavailable" when I tried). By the time I noticed it, I'd been manually buying overpriced units (and mercenaries . . . I spent about 600,000GP or something stupid after I came back from the Abyss, bolstering town buildings, paying for upgrades, buying troops). The basic rule seems to be: have a shit-ton of troops in every unit. When I did (pre-Abyss), every fight was trivial - without something like (a working) call to arms it is mind numbing to get back. But as I said, when I tried it, didn't work. And they didn't mention it at all, like so many other features.

Yeah the army fight in chap5 is horribly balanced and has stupid bloat number of enemy armies - I will play army battles in story mode from my 2nd run (just started chapter 2).

Personally, I preferred crusade management over kingdom management (which I didn't dislike) but really wish it was better balanced.

Just don't buy hellknights and you'll see that ch5 armies are 10 times easier to beat than ch2/ch3.
Even without myth specific units.

Those numbers look scary, but units with big numbers are trash to instakill with one shot. ;)

One more thing as I'm now again in ch5.
Devs "rebalanced" the mage general. You don't get 5x5 AoE ice early as before, you get fire AoE which is not as good. Also, mana cost for 5x5 AoE spells went higher.
But it doesn't make things problematic, all you need to do is to build a few hospitals now as fights will last a turn or two more (weren't needed at all in version 1.0.3).

I may be one of the few who liked both the Kingdom Management and the Crusade Management a lot. I played/play both on story mode (EDIT: Well when they added story mode for Crusades in a patch which I think was shortly after I started CH5).

I don't like it for the combat or management challenge. I like it so much because of the flavor, story, and immersion it adds for me. I have the personal adventures of the Knight and his friends for combat challenge.

I am the Knight Commander of the 5th Crusade. Without an actual crusade that would be hollow and empty to me. Granted an actual commander (or King) would not have time to run around all over probably but any game/story needs some flexibility.

I play on story mode as I am not interested in the strategy or "beating" the game. I like going in and SMASHING the Demon army to bits. I like knowing I am beating them back. I like being the Commander and I like the story and how it revolves around both the crusade and the personal adventure of the Commander and his associates/friends/tools. I enjoy the decrees and all the events in the capital. It adds a different change of pace from just doing dungeon after dungeon so to speak.

Same way with the Kingdom. I loved building up a kingdom and dealing with it but I don't want it to be a time consuming challenge - I want the added story and immersion and content. So story mode works great for both management situations for me.

When I got back with my Commander in Chapter 5 it took me roughly 2 weeks (game time) to get an army good enough to start going on the offensive again. Think they added story mode around or shortly after I got back to CH5. I noticed things got a little easier after a patch.

Anyhow once I got my generals back and got my army built up a little it wasn't too hard.

I play on story mode as I am not interested in the strategy or "beating" the game.
Note that switching to the story mode still leaves the crusade on standard mode as it has a separate difficulty option.

In other words, you play(ed) the crusade part on the max difficulty!
:thumbup:

Note that switching to the story mode still leaves the crusade on standard mode as it has a separate difficulty option.

I'm pretty sure Wolf meant he played crusade army battles in storymode and played the rest of the game in higher difficulty.

I also liked crusade management - but I still think the army combat balance is completely out of whack.

Lol no you misread - I know there are two different modes. It was the Crusade that has a "story mode" option just for the Crusade combat - that was what I meant ;)

Back
Top Bottom