Stalker 2

D

Deleted member 18181

well shit :(
early acces might be a good idea, the series have enough fans that might buy it even as EA

Given this developers past history I could say I'm surprised but I'm not. :wideeyed:

Might be but the history of this studio after the release of Stalker has been a downward spiral. I'm sure the current political situation with the war is to blame as well.

Still it's not the only factor. So don't try to call out my opinion over that.

I see enough of that crap on social media.

In-case you need reasons here are the following layoffs, bankruptcy, lawsuits, and even temporally shutting down the studio for a while way before the war. It's a mess.

Some of the ex-employees even used kickstarter to make a few clones. One succeeded with an MMO. GSC even tried to make a Stalker MMO that failed and was cancelled.

It was turned into what is now Stalker 2, and by this report it's a mess agian.

Well, that sucks. This was definitely a title I was looking forward to. There still hasn't been anything similar to the original games.

I'll keep following it, but I think it might be time to start lowering expectations.

SL9wM4K.jpeg

At this point, it would not surprise me if the game gets cancelled due to the war, money running short, etc. It would make me sad a lot, sure, but I wouldn't get surprised :(

Bad news, I was - like many others - looking forward to Stalker 2.
Stalker One is, of course, an all time classic and landmark game.
They need some way to relocate their gaming studio to a peaceful place that is not engaged in a war right now, hopefully. I can't imagine trying to do game development under wartime conditions.

UPDATED: I didn't see until just now that they had already moved to Czechoslovakia but apparently are encountering further problems with the game development. But at least they did get out of the war situation, so that part of my post above is mistaken.

Last edited:
1h leaked gameplay

Whatever it was is already gone. I wish I could have seen it.

*Edit* I just read that an entire dev build was leaked online. It's encrypted though so not playable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom